Newly elected Baltimore Mayor vetoes 11-3 city council bill to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2022

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
What do you call the gentrification taking place now?
You right, it's going on now but you make 15 dollars jobs and white kids are coming to get those jobs which will just push Blacks out. We really can't fight without making sure we are unionized to lock in our place. Otherwise, it will look like Chick fila which is white folks everywhere

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
what case?

Everyone who supports these radical MW hikes never has worked in administration responsible for paying people OR doesn't know what effect that has on people who actually make MW.

Why not $100 minimum? We know why you won't support that.

Debate me live on a YouTube stream.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Debate me live on a YouTube stream.
Why so you can read Marx and give me emotional pleas about people struggling? What will be gained here?

Look. I get it. I'm not a republican and I'm damn sure not some right winger libertarian.

You have to incentivize SOMETHINGS at the end of the day and Baltimore has to figure this shyt out like everyone else.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Like free college....are people really ready for everything a $15 minimum entails?

Free college is cool until everybody has a damn degree and the job market becomes even more flooded. And now you have folks out here with zero debt willing to work for less as a result. Because debt forgiveness won't be in the picture. Sallie Mae will not go down without a fight. That death will be slow and she will take everybody with a cent owed down with her.

A 100% increase in minimum wage? All at once? It's nice to take on this idealistic approach to minimum wage but its unrealistic. Wouldn't price caps on things like groceries/gas/rent make more sense? If minimum wage increases were a solution we'd only have to raise them once......

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Like free college....are people really ready for everything a $15 minimum entails?

Free college is cool until everybody has a damn degree and the job market becomes even more flooded. And now you have folks out here with zero debt willing to work for less as a result. Because debt forgiveness won't be in the picture. Sallie Mae will not go down without a fight. That death will be slow and she will take everybody with a cent owed down with her.

A 100% increase in minimum wage? All at once? It's nice to take on this idealistic approach to minimum wage but its unrealistic. Wouldn't price caps on things like groceries/gas/rent make more sense? If minimum wage increases were a solution we'd only have to raise them once......
Its easier to call everyone a neoliberal shill than do math, so...

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Its easier to call everyone a neoliberal shill than do math, so...
All I know is....we've been trying the minimum wage increases for ages. I say price caps are at least worth a try. Plus it would humble greedy business owners. Increasing minimum wage just gives people an excuse to price gouge in the long run. A new course of action is clearly in order. I mean its been time.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Instead of charging $1000 a month for a single room studio apartment, sit down and look at the landlords expenses and see if thats necessary. Probably shouldnt be charging more than 700.

People will probably look at that and say it's telling people what to do. News Flash! You're already being told what to do. Its called laws and regulations. Hell call the price caps something else. Subsidize that shyt. Everything else gets subsidized. Politicians use tricks to get shyt voted on all the time. It is what it is.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This seems like a good place to ask about the Seattle Minimum Wage situation. I've seen arguments that it's working, the economy is strong and families have more followed by responses that low wage jobs have dropped and that's proof it isn't beneficial to low wage workers. Seems like Seattle would be the pilot for a fairly quick rollout to 15, they've been moving up fast...

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
This seems like a good place to ask about the Seattle Minimum Wage situation. I've seen arguments that it's working, the economy is strong and families have more followed by responses that low wage jobs have dropped and that's proof it isn't beneficial to low wage workers. Seems like Seattle would be the pilot for a fairly quick rollout to 15, they've been moving up fast...
Seattle agrees to raise minimum wage to $15
So far, the Seattle minimum-wage increase is doing what it’s supposed to do
A year later $15 Seattle Min. Wage Shows "Little or No Evidence" of Price Increases

Debunked threads:
538: Seattle Minimum Wage hike may have led to significant job loss and reduced hours
SHOCKING: Restaraunts in Seattle closing down as $15/hour minimum wage approaches

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I'm gonna find the article and add it to this post, but black people are being priced out at a faster pace with the wage increase... same story as every S.F. and everywhere else min wage is raised... sooner or later ya'll gonna have to wake up and smell the coffee. You are supporting black displacement.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I'm gonna find the article and add it to this post, but black people are being priced out at a faster pace with the wage increase... same story as every S.F. and everywhere else min wage is raised... sooner or later ya'll gonna have to wake up and smell the coffee. You are supporting black displacement.
You've been wrong for about 3 years now

Let's make it 4 :obama: