NEWS: Players who decline to fully participate in the NBA Combine will be ineligible for selection in the NBA Draft starting in 2024,

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
so what would stop them from signing to a g league team on a 2 way? Do you have to go thru the draft process to join a g league team?
ineligibility.

For example, Scoot been in G League for 2 years. The reason why an NBA team couldn't just sign him was because he was ineligible.

You could go to G-League, but you'd be there all season long on the Ignite.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ineligibility.

For example, Scoot been in G League for 2 years. The reason why an NBA team couldn't just sign him was because he was ineligible.

You could go to G-League, but you'd be there all season long on the Ignite.

Another example would be PJ Hairston. Got kicked off his college team so he signed in the G-League, but couldn’t get called up. He played out the season there, then entered the draft and went 1st round

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Interesting because the NFLPA wants the exact opposite. They're trying to Abolish the combine.

shyt don’t really translate like that. Tape >combine. Idk about the basketball side. I stopped caring about the NFL combine a min ago, but I never cared about the NBA combine. What even led to this? High prospects don’t work out like that?

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Kinda too late to try and enforce standards and discipline when you got Ben Simmons in the league still

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
shyt don’t really translate like that. Tape >combine. Idk about the basketball side. I stopped caring about the NFL combine a min ago, but I never cared about the NBA combine. What even led to this? High prospects don’t work out like that?
High end prospects ducking the combine and only working out for team(s) they want to get drafted to

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This is more about these mystery guys that are projected to go in the Lottery, but haven't played in a while.

Was Shaedon Sharp a full participant in the Combine last year? I remember GMs being pissed about how he was going about the draft process

Sharpe is a mastermind tho.
Kid never played no college. Graduated early from hs. Sat in the bench at Kentucky. After Kentucky got on some just sit bullshyt and jetty derch'd from Kentucky in the draft .

Genius.

Plus he was killin.

Kid is a genius.

Art Barr

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
That’s not how it works

Austin Reaves did the draft process: went to the combine, worked out/interviewed with multiple teams. What happened was the Lakers promised him they would give him a two-way deal if he went undrafted, so when another team wanted to take him in the 2nd to add him on a two-way, he had his agent ask them not to so he could go to LA.

With this rule a player would be ineligible for the draft period that year and if I’m not mistaken you can’t enter the NBA without being eligible for the draft at least once, even if you don’t get picked.
wait why would he be ineligible if he “did the draft process”

man this shyt is confusing lol idk why people are glad about this, does it even affect the fans…

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wait why would he be ineligible if he “did the draft process”

man this shyt is confusing lol idk why people are glad about this, does it even affect the fans…

I was talking about how Reaves ended up with the Lakers in 2021

Under these new rules he would only be ineligible if he didn’t do the Combine

I’m not mad or glad, don’t think it will have a major effect on things, just the teams trying to force the guys who skip to participate

Daps
But the NFL is a slave league and the NBA is Wakanda, they said.
Honestly the Combine wouldn't be so bad except for the fact dudes gotta strip down to their boxers so scouts can talk about your musculature....that's DEFINITELY some slave shyt. Asking a breh to throw a football or work on the whiteboard is no worse than shyt they do in practice.

NBA is getting too many guys that have ONLY played basketball....pee wee, YMCA, AAU, middle school, high school, college etc. Overuse injuries...brehs coming into the league at 19/20 with the body of a 30 year old. No good S & C programs compared to football so these nikkas don't know the difference between a power clean and Mr. Clean. Basketball gotta get more sophisticated with scouting because they're getting younger draftees that need more physical development.