NFL going to 18 game season? If so, Joe Burrow has an idea...

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Around the 40 second mark.

The second bye week everyone takes it at the same time and have the pro bowl then. Like an NBA all-star week.

Thoughts...?

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Okay so what we doing :beli:

these nikkas don't make enough money as-is? I love watching the NFL but I hate that the record books are getting ruined by the implementation of additional games. Seasonal records get funny style when one nikka had 14 games to accumulate yardage/sacks/tds/ints etc. compared to guys coming in with 17. Whatever number they decide on it needs to just fukkin stay there, come up wit some other shyt to generate revenue.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

these nikkas don't make enough money as-is? I love watching the NFL but I hate that the record books are getting ruined by the implementation of additional games. Seasonal records get funny style when one nikka had 14 games to accumulate yardage/sacks/tds/ints etc. compared to guys coming in with 17. Whatever number they decide on it needs to just fukkin stay there, come up wit some other shyt to generate revenue.
Not to mention additional playoff games as well.

concise

Veteran
Daps

Once upon a time they played 12 games and the season was over before New Year's Day.

NFL won't be going backwards.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was always the plan. 17 games was just a warm up for 18.

They started talking about 17-18 games right after all the CTE talk and the concussion controversy.

This was probably the one issue the players could've beaten the league on if they fought against it on the basis of player safety. They should have made it clear that they would refuse to expand the schedule.

I remember seeing someone propose that it be mandated that in an 18 game season no player would be allowed to go over 16 or 17. It was basically mandatory load management. It's irrelevant now since the players are just going to fold.