NFL going to 18 game season? If so, Joe Burrow has an idea...

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were actually talking about it before that, when Tagliabue was commissioner.

I'm talking about when they were seriously moving forward on it. The players had a chance to leverage the concussion controversy but they wasted the opportunity.

As long as the league told them they could make more money they'd forget about their safety.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
goodel gave us the blue print on pat mcafee's show

18 games, 2 bye weeks, remove some pre season games, end the season with the Superbowl on president's day weekend
Was gonna say coulda sworn I heard something like this with super bowl sunday pushed to holiday weekend so they get monday off..

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Okay so what we doing :beli:

these nikkas don't make enough money as-is? I love watching the NFL but I hate that the record books are getting ruined by the implementation of additional games. Seasonal records get funny style when one nikka had 14 games to accumulate yardage/sacks/tds/ints etc. compared to guys coming in with 17. Whatever number they decide on it needs to just fukkin stay there, come up wit some other shyt to generate revenue.
People respect the old records more...everyone knows this.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's almost like they don't realize that the small amount of games compared to other sports is what makes football so great.

I don't even watch basketball now until playoff time but I'm glued to my couch every single Sunday for regular season football.

16 was the perfect number......17 still doesn't feel right to me. I don't like it.

Nothing perfect will ever remain perfect as long as $$$$ is lurking around the corner.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Okay so what we doing :beli:

these nikkas don't make enough money as-is? I love watching the NFL but I hate that the record books are getting ruined by the implementation of additional games. Seasonal records get funny style when one nikka had 14 games to accumulate yardage/sacks/tds/ints etc. compared to guys coming in with 17. Whatever number they decide on it needs to just fukkin stay there, come up wit some other shyt to generate revenue.

That's always been the game though. Jim Brown had the rushing record playing 8 games per season now he's 11th all time. I don't mind the record breaking. I just can't stand ESPN acting like each one is world breaking .