NFL partners with HBCUs

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I may have detractors but I believe this is in direct relationship to the Bowl game we just had. This is what exposure can do for your programs. i.e. Celebration Bowl. Much respect to ABC & ESPN for providing a platform that put eyes back on these two historic conferences.

NFL, HBCU conferences partner to grow minority opportunities

The NFL is partnering with two preeminent Historically Black College & Universities (HBCU) athletic conferences -- the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) and Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) -- to increase opportunities for ethnic minorities -- both professionals and students -- interested in pursuing careers in football administration, the league announced today.

The goal is to provide qualified individuals with the preparation and skills needed to secure employment in professional football administration.

"Our partnership with the MEAC and SWAC is not only important for our pipeline of qualified individuals at all levels of football, but also to improve the NFL's goals for diversity and inclusion," said NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent. "With this partnership, we are making steady progress in developing future coaches, officials, scouts, managers, front office personnel and others through effective football resources, educational programs and internships."

In addition to the NFL providing much-needed support to academic and athletic endeavors, MEAC and SWAC personnel will benefit from programs that include internships at the club and league level, integration of their football operations staff -- including athletic trainers, video directors and equipment managers -- into existing NFL platforms such as the Regional Combines, and networking and mentorship opportunities.
Click to expand...​

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
This could be a good look. I just wish they didn't use the word 'minority' but maybe this will bring HBCUs back into the limelight somewhat.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: Good for the NFL and those conferences.

One question though, is this for the schools students in general, or players who play football specifically?

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
they are using it in terms of positions in football administration/front office positions, where its almost exclusively white
I feel you. There's definitely work to be done there but it comes down to who owns the team and the league because they're going to employ their own.

I just don't care for the term 'minority' as it relates to black issues because 'minority' usually means everyone all the way from white women, white gay men, Asians, Hispanics, Klingons, Molemen, and X Men before it means 'black.' It plays off that lie that there is a coalition amongst non-whites which absolutely isn't the case.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Damn I wish we had this shyt when I was in school.

This is dope. There is/was so many people who have sports management degrees and have 0 leads when they graduate.

I think it's huge, nothing better than having connections. This gets your foot in the door with the best and brightest in the game.

I think it will impact our coaching competence heavily. Very excited

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'd have more respect if the NFL had a direct internship and direct pipeline into NFL front offices and coaching staffs from HBCU coaches, and not this BS.
Plus I find it hard to support the NCAA and college football in general

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
BLACK COLLEGE FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME FINDS PERMANENT HOME IN CANTON - General - News | Pro Football Hall of Fame Official Site

Black College Hall to Canton campus of Pro Hall

More
The Pro Football Hall of fame announced Thursday it will create a permanent home on its campus for the Black College Football Hall of Fame.

The Black College Football Hall of Fame, which honors those who played and coached at historically black colleges and universities, will be part of the Hall of Fame Village in Canton, Ohio, a $500 million development that is scheduled to be completed in 2019.