NFL Week 17: Looking back, do you think Colin Kaepernick feels it was worth it to Take A Knee?

Looking back, do you think Colin Kaepernick feels it was worth it to Take A Knee?

• Yes. Power To The People!

• No. Self-Preservation Is Key!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rawster

Relax Baby
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
La Perla
Colin Kaepernick sacrificed his life long dream and a lucrative career for his people and they couldn't even turn off the TV for just one season.

It seems like all of the black NFL fans I know have abandoned the boycott. All of them are back to their Sunday ritual.

None of his peers sat out this season in solidarity with him and NFL life has basically gone on as if he didn't exist.

If he saw in advance how everything would play out, do you feel he would have still taken the Colin X stand knowing it would pretty much be a solo fight?

:brothermjx:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Kaep didnt protest so that people would boycott the NFL. He protested police brutality and injustice towards black people. It's a huge distinction here.

Whether or not people support him is on shoulders and consciousness of those people.

Sacrifices are sacrifices precisely because they do not expect some payoff at the end of the day - otherwise they are not really sacrifices but some calculated schemes.
Many sacrifices go in vain, unfortunately.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
I'm not sure. I'd hope the answer is Yes. I do feel like he was done dirty though and dissapointed how everything turned out. I don't expect anything from white folk, but expected more from our people. It's pretty much over now though and you know who will put their own twist on the story as the years go by as per usual.

Rawster

Relax Baby
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
La Perla
Kaep didnt protest so that people would boycott the NFL. He protested police brutality and injustice towards black people. It's a huge distinction here.

Whether or not people support him is on shoulders and consciousness of those people.

Sacrifices are sacrifices precisely because they do not expect some payoff at the end of the day - otherwise they are not really sacrifices but some calculated schemes.
Many sacrifices go in vain, unfortunately.

He didn't ask anyone to protest with him, but the fact is a large amount of black people announced that they would protest to stand in solidarity with him. I remember social media post listing NFL sponsors and asking people to boycott the sponsors as well. It's not like the Montgomery Bus boycott and people would have to find alternative ways to get to work and provide for their families. All they had to do was find something else to watch on TV for 3 hours every Sunday but most couldn't even do that.

Many people said they would no longer watch the NFL or would boycott until a team picked Colin up. I'm seeing that declaration has been abandoned by all but a few.

He stood up and made a statement that affected the livelihood of him and his family for the greater good of his people, who have continued to fill the pockets of the same people he stood up against in spite of his sacrifice.

I ask you again since you didn't answer the question in your post, do you feel that Colin feels it was worth it? Do you feel that he feels his sacrifice was truly appreciated by black NFL fans and players?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s important to note Colin never protested against the NFL or asked anyone to boycott football.