NFL What have we learned Week 6

Invalid_Password

Involved in things I don't know much about
Daps
Reppin
Posters who rarely post...#215 #Philly
Mahomes the only one who should be getting 50 mil. The Chiefs had to redo his deal because bums like Daniel Jones were getting too close to his money.

How do you let an agent tell you his client needs 40 when Pat was getting 45? And the Giants gave it to him instead of franchising him for 32:heh:

15 TD's gets you 40 million but the RB who is the focal point of the offense has to hold out just to get a deal less than his value.

The league has a serious QB problem. Guys with no MVP's or rings should be getting more than a guy with multiple of each.
Yeah this "next in line gets the most" way of paying qbs is crazy.
They should be incentive based to reach those numbers.
The NFLPA is equally to blame for not getting fairer compensation across the board for other position players.

The giants played themselves though because objectively they should've known DJ wasn't worth the $ and now they're set back a few more years and still need a qb.

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
Lamars passing has gotten waaay better but his receivers still suck! We also miss lil Ray Rice Jr. This team should be undefeated this season.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Big Ben has two Super Bowls, led the league in passing twice, and is a 6x Pro Bowler.

The only way Big Ben isn't a first ballot is because he raped somebody. Which I understand.

We have the same rules today and most of qbs are looking :trash:
He had the most talented teams out of his era of qbs and somehow it seems like he underachieved, Ben wasn’t some super star qb, him and Eli lowkey are the same dudes, somebody u could win a superbowl with but shouldn’t be in no top qb conversation

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC by way of the Steel City
I think it’s clear the browns and Jets are headed for a Collison course in the afc championship game

nicolas-cage-funny.gif

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The jets should consider sending a conditional late rd pick for either Brissett/Dobbs/Heinecki. Marginal qb play would have them probably 5-1 and dangerous.

None of those teams are trading those QBs
Washington & Atlanta are very alive for the playoffs and Arizona needs Dobbs till Kyler comes back
No team is screwing themselves for a worthless late round pick to help the Jets

I learned that there is a 5-1 team that lost to Geno Smith. No matter the argument, that team lost to Geno Smith and CANNOT be considered the best team in the NFL :hubie:

Damn I guess the best teams should be 5-1 teams that lost to PJ Walker and Zach Wilson :mjlol:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said in another thread, the Titans are not constructed well and probably need to blow the whole thing up and start over.

The Ravens are probably better than public perception. Zay Flowers caught his first career TD this week but he's had a number of drops this year that could have led to more convincing Ravens victories. I do think losing JK Dobbins hurt them a lot. But it's also clear that Baltimore's experiment of bringing Odell Beckham in to boost the receiving game has failed. Baltimore still lacks that proper WR1 that Lamar Jackson has desperately needed during his entire career -- Rashod Bateman is not that guy, despite being a 1st RD selection (though to be fair, none of the WRs taken after Bateman look all that good except for Nico Collins). EDIT - Someone pointed out that I missed Amon St Brown. Fair enough.

The Falcons have, from a talent perspective, the potential to be one of the better teams in the NFC. But they have the dumbest coach with the dumbest offensive philosophy, and a terrible, terrible quarterback in Desmond Ridder. If they had a competent quarterback who would just feed Kyle Pitts and Drake London, they'd be solid threats to reach the NFC title game. While I remain critical of the Bijan pick at #8, the fact is he's a gifted player who is being deliberately restricted in the early part of his career. Apparently the Falcons think getting the offensive weapons is the hard part (Pitts, London, Robinson) and getting the QB is the easy part, but it isn't. And even if they get a decent QB, it's not going to matter if their coach and OC will insist on running the ball all game.

I'm not entirely sure if the Bengals' problem is the RB or the QB right now. Cincinnati cannot run the football effectively. Is Joe Mixon washed? Or is the running game handicapped because Joe Burrow is in shotgun all the time and running from that set limits how effective Mixon can be? I don't know. They won against Seattle, but this was an ugly win with no one looking very good on either side of the game. Actually Kenneth Walker did look great at times, despite the box score numbers.

The Jaguars are looking better each week. And I think the reason is that Trevor Lawrence is simply getting out of his own way. Lawrence has always had a penchant for trying to force throws (especially in the red zone) and it would be frustrating because it felt like 1 step forward, 2 steps back. It's not really an interceptions thing -- Lawrence threw 25 TD to just 8 INT last season. But often times drives would stall and they'd settle for FGs. Thing seem a bit more structured and balanced right now. With Zay Jones being hurt, that brings the offense down to Engram for more underneath stuff. But there have been some missed opportunities with Ridley and I think over the course of the season they should get into a better rhythm.

I'm not sure if I believe in the Rams. I have to say, the defense has looked really good. But we're talking about games vs the Seahawks, 49ers, Bengals, Colts, Eagles and Cardinals. They beat the Seahawks, Colts and Cardinals. Not exactly impressive wins -- even with how surprising Puka and Kyren have been. Their schedule doesn't look all that tough this season. So it's possible they are a Wild Card team. I'm just not sure they make any noise even if they get there.

Amon-Ra St. Brown showed that he's still one of the better WRs in football yesterday. But the David Montgomery injury should be concerning. Rumor is he could be out 2-4 weeks and the Lions don't really have another RB that can take on that role. Jahmyr Gibbs should return next week, but the fact is that he hasn't shown the ability to run well between the tackles -- not in college, and not yet in the NFL. So if Gibbs is your stretch guy/pass catcher, who handles the early snaps and how effective are they going to be? The Lions could be leaning on Stafford/LaPorta/St. Brown quite a bit for the next month.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
This is the worst batch of QB's collectively ever. Outside of Mahomes, no qb is sniffing the HOF from this era
I don’t know what’s going on with Patrick… But I know Dan Marino didn’t let having a decline in receiving core put that much of a dent in his numbers :manny:

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Goff won with both running backs hurt btw
I know Pats down bad but Bill Belichek may he the only coach who can defend Jared Goff. Other than that...Goff doing good this season.

Didn't see game but one of those TDs he threw was a great deep ball.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I don’t know what’s going on with Patrick… But I know Dan Marino didn’t let having a decline in receiving core put that much of a dent in his numbers :manny:
new OC and he's just lost when it ain't Kelce. That's why everyone wants someone to emerge, whether it be Rice, Moore, whoever.

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
PJ Walker a top 5 qb :wow: :mjpls:

None of those teams are trading those QBs
Washington & Atlanta are very alive for the playoffs and Arizona needs Dobbs till Kyler comes back
No team is screwing themselves for a worthless late round pick to help the Jets

Damn I guess the best teams should be 5-1 teams that lost to PJ Walker and Zach Wilson :mjlol:
:mjpls: :ufdup: