Nike sales surge 31% in days after Colin Kaepernick ad unveiled

CrownHeights

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The Nike ad starring Colin Kaepernick does not appear to have adversely affected sales, an analyst said on Saturday.

According to Edison Trends, a digital commerce research company: “Nike sales grew 31% from Sunday through Tuesday over Labor Day this year, besting 2017’s comparative 17% increase.”

Edison Trends’ analysis suggested the company will be thinking its gambit has worked, allowing it to surf familiar controversy and create a “Trump bump” all of its own.

“Nike’s 2018 late summer sales show much the same trend as last year’s,” the company wrote, “with order volume decreasing slightly going into late August. The similarity decreases coming out of Labor Day weekend, however, with sales seeing a bigger bump on Monday and Tuesday than in the past.”

Edison Trends said its analysis was based on “anonymised and aggregated e-receipts from more than 3 million consumers”.

The Guardian

giphy.gif

Cave dwellers not gon like this one :mjlol:

Shout out to the gawd Kap :win:

CrownHeights

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Idk. For me I don't look at this whole situation to support Nike. I could give 2 fukks about seeing Nike succeed

As long as Kaep uses this capitalistic influence and visibility to gain power to build up black communities economically

I suspect that's how a lot of people see it and the people at Nike know it. I don't care for Nike either just want to see my man Kaep succeed in spreading the message and be able to eat at the same time.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk. For me I don't look at this whole situation to support Nike. I could give 2 fukks about seeing Nike succeed

As long as Kaep uses this capitalistic influence and visibility to gain power to build up black communities economically

then prepare to be disappointed

nikkas hyped to go give nike more of their money from what ive seen

i would love to be wrong though

but if you business-minded already and you need kaep to hype you....go for it

King Frost

Stay Frosty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Pole
The figures are for labour day weekend sales, when did kap ad drop?

kap tweets sep 3 labour day
nike drops ad sep 4 after sales numbers are in
look what happened to nikes stock that same day

this was well planned, they dropped it after labour day and not the week before. That drop cost them $4billion

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Those Make America great again cacs weren't buying enough shoes,I guess Michael Jordan should be making a political statement any day now:mjpls:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh::ehh:

im glad these shoe burning fakkits were mad about it, but i would never go out and support nike over this. easily one of the most exploitative, piece of shyt companies on the planet :scusthov: