Nikki Haley: Confederate flag was about "service, and sacrifice, and heritage" until Dylan Roof

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
My post was specifically about slave/plantation owners but let's discuss post civil war america. Let's discuss the compromise of 1877 where, as always politics came ahead of people's well beings. Where were these Norherners/ Union fighters when reconstruction was halted?

I didn't post what I did as a joke or to downplay what the confederacy was about. But let's get real about the history of this country, and the hand that many people had in the torture and enslavement of Black people.

No. You’re post was trying to tie the idea that opposing those statues/ flag were about whose hands were and weren’t responsible for the ills of slavery.

The reason those statues went up was a disinformation campaign to glorify something and turn people’s pain into a reason to celebrate some old guy who tried to break up the country.

No one ever said the original sin of America began with the Confederacy. We are/ should be aware of America’s continued BS since the beginning to now.

The Confederacy is unique in it’s attempt to cast an entire group’s actions to destroy the country as heroic.

The idea that one kid would deface the meaning of a flag that isn’t the flag of your country is all you need to know about the gaslighting they are continuing.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
She makes me want to throw up in my mouth every time I see her. Literally everything she does in the most pandering, "this is the correct next move if I want to be president" bullshyt I've ever seen.

One thing I will say. When the monuments were coming down and the confederate flags were being removed, some of those white southerners said something that was swept under the rug.
The confederates are scapegoats to an extent, because if you look at the history of slavery in this country, and the industries it created and fueled....a LOT of statues have to be taken down.Limiting it to just military men from the southern side of the Civil War is a bit of revisionism too. When you want to open up the discussion about which great men owned slaves, people get very quiet.
Nah, that's a bullshyt talking point and the MAIN people I seen using it are the worst racists.

No one puts up a statue of George Washington in honor of his owning of slaves.

All people have faults, and most "great" people we put statues up for have more faults than most. But that's not the problem withe Confederate monuments. It's not that they were slaveowners. It's that the very REASON they're being celebrated is because they fought for slavery. White Supremacy is the EXPLICIT REASON most of those monuments were put up. We aren't talking, "These are good people but they had a dark side." We are talking about the celebration of the dark side.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Broad is Indian. The only people that understand the true struggle are other black people and I can’t even say this with 100% confidence cuz we got so many damn c00ns out there.

Trump provided a strategy to winning. He’s a complete retard but someone smarter than him can see the path.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Broad is Indian. The only people that understand the true struggle are other black people and I can’t even say this with 100% confidence cuz we got so many damn c00ns out there.

Trump provided a strategy to winning. He’s a complete retard but someone smarter than him can see the path.
disgusting how many of these dudes try to change themselves:
Bobby Jindal - Wikipedia