No WRs, No Adjusting, It's So Disgusting! - Official Green Bay Packers 2022 Season Thread

WHERE DO THE PACKERS FINISH IN 2022-23?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Watkins on the NFI list, Watson, Jenkins, and Bahk on the PUP lost.... Not a great start lol.

Looks like the WRs should be on the field soon (hopefully). But we already know Watkins gonna miss minimum 5 games

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Bahktiari extension proving to be a massive mistake. Great player but if he ever comes back it'll be as a diminished Jason Peters type as he ages

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

After rewatching Friday night’s 28-21 loss to the San Francisco 49ers, here are 10 things worth knowing:

5 QUICK THINGS

1) How low has the bar been set for Jordan Love? Matt LaFleur praised his first half of work against the 49ers, as did most of the sycophantic local media. In reality, it was yet another underwhelming performance by the former No. 1 pick. While Love did make a handful of very impressive throws and showed more poise in the pocket than a year ago, he also threw a bad interception, was inaccurate on four short tosses to open receivers, and missed Romeo Doubs on what should’ve been a 41-yard touchdown. The glass-half-full crowd will remind you that Aaron Rodgers didn’t exactly look like a future Hall of Famer in his second preseason, and they’d be right. Other the other hand, was it really too much to expect Love to be the most impressive backup signal-caller on the field at Levi’s Stadium? Because last night that was journeyman Nate Sudfeld, who’s been with three teams since 2017.

2) While LaFleur was disingenuous with his praise of Love, his happiness with the offensive line was legitimate. The much-maligned group looked better in last night’s game than at any time during practice. It’s amazing what replacing Rashan Gary, Preston Smith, Kenny Clark, and Jarran Reed with Jordan Willis, Robert Nkemdiche, Kevin Givens, and Javon Kinlaw can do for a unit’s effectiveness. Snarkiness aside, there were some reasons for optimism (Josh Myers, Zach Tom, and Royce Newman). And perhaps the biggest reason of all were the two penalties called on Jake Hanson. Maybe those miscues, along with being responsible for a few ineffective runs, will finally convince the coaches to stop toying with the idea of actually starting the undersized former sixth-round pick from Oregon. That’s something an O-line could only get away with if the right guard were sandwiched between Pro Bowl-caliber players at center and right tackle.

3) Less than three weeks into his first NFL training camp, one thing is already crystal clear about rookie wide receiver Romeo Doubs – he’s going to be better than almost every reserve cornerback he faces; that’s been evident in practice, and it was just as evident on Friday night. Whether the former Nevada star can get open as effortlessly against starting corners won’t be known for at least another month. The fourth-round pick easily beat speedy Tarvarius Moore for a 33-yard touchdown in the first quarter and would’ve had an even longer score a few plays earlier had Love thrown a better ball. On the negative side, Doubs dropped one pass and bobbled another that wound up being intercepted by Samuel Womack. That’s mildly concerning since his hands were a problem at times in college. After watching three practices and last night’s game, there’s no doubt in my mind he’s the real deal. I’m just not sure exactly what that means, at least not yet.

4) It was only a bit surprising to see Isaiah McDuffie start ahead of Krys Barnes at the inside linebacker spot next to rookie Quay Walker (All-Pro De’Vondre Campbell had the night off). That’s because, unlike the past two Green Bay defensive coordinators, Joe Barry places a premium on speed when it comes to this position. And McDuffie runs like the wind. The former sixth-round pick from Buffalo ran 4.58 before the 2021 draft (Barnes was timed at 4.79 a year earlier). McDuffie put that speed to good use several times on Friday night as he was able to chase down backs who attempted to bounce plays outside. And while he did allow himself to get caught up in the wash a few times, to be fair, he faced a lot of traffic working behind the second-string D-line. As for Walker, the team’s top pick had an efficient debut. He made the plays he was supposed to make in the run game and looked comfortable in coverage. Of course, that’s a lot easier when the receivers coming at you are Ross Dwelley and Malik Turner, not George Kittle and Deebo Samuel.

5) While T.J. Slaton is definitely improved from a year ago, the young nose tackle still plays too tall. That’s why he looked like a future Pro Bowler one play and a future USFLer the next. The former fifth-round pick from Florida caused havoc as a pass rusher against the 49ers’ backup offensive linemen, but he struggled in the run game. The 6-foot-5 Slaton had an especially difficult time with 6-foot guard Jason Poe, who used leverage to gain an advantage despite giving away 40 pounds. The best of Green Bay’s backup D-linemen last night was second-year pro Jack Heflin, who isn’t as talented as Slaton but plays much harder and with better technique. The former undrafted free agent from Iowa made five tackles and created decent pressure in 37 productive snaps. He could persuade GM Brian Gutekunst to keep six players at this position.

5 QUICKER THINGS

1) We all found out last night why the coaches preferred Danny Etling over fan favorite Kurt Benkert. Neither No. 3 quarterback has the arm talent to be a good QB at this level, but Etling is a much better athlete. In an emergency, his legs would at least give the offense a fighting chance to move the chains and score some points in a regular season game.

2) Rookie Tyler Goodson wasn’t drafted for several reasons – the most popular being his inability to break tackles in college. The former Iowa star did nothing to disprove that criticism against San Francisco. While he showed quick feet and a nice burst on a number of successful carries, he too often ran directly into defenders and got stopped dead in his tracks.

3) Amari Rodgers enjoyed his best game as a Packer. The former Clemson star caught a touchdown and returned a kick 51 yards. He does look faster after losing some weight in the offseason, and perhaps that will persuade LaFleur to use more motion on offense this season. What Rodgers couldn’t do on Friday night was create much separation from the slot.

4) Kobe Jones hasn’t received much attention this summer, but the first-year outside linebacker has quietly held his own with the other young outside linebackers on the roster. That continued to be the case last night. The former Mississippi State star did a pretty good job setting the edge versus the run and added four tackles and a sack in 36 snaps.

5) Free safety Dallin Leavitt lived up to his scouting report before leaving the game with a shoulder injury. The former Raider, who was signed last month mainly to play on special teams, looked like he was running in quicksand as Danny Gray blew by him for a 76-yard TD. A short time later, he leveled Ray-Ray McCloud, causing a fumble that the Packers recovered.

@FloorGeneral
@ThaRebel
@Tical
@Upshall
@Darealtwo1
@Don De Dieu
@CJ14
@bsmooth
@Stelio Kontos
@Monster
@SHAQAVELLI
@ThiefyPoo
@Only On Camera
@MushroomX
@Scaaar
@Abuchunky
@John Mexico
@DrexlersFade
@tru_m.a.c
@L $ C
@MrSpook

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Expect a lot of 33 playing WR. 12 ONLY TRUSTS 13, 18, and 11 out of the WRs...

That will be Aaron's downfall as always. If Aaron starts to sink back into that mode, then once again he is going have another Playoff failure. I get you can't trust anyone, but sometimes on a play a coverage breaks while your trying to fool a defense and you punish them for that.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
That will be Aaron's downfall as always. If Aaron starts to sink back into that mode, then once again he is going have another Playoff failure. I get you can't trust anyone, but sometimes on a play a coverage breaks while your trying to fool a defense and you punish them for that.
Yea his old stupid ass still can’t take what the defense gives him .

I’m tired !!! Stop tryna look sweet get the guys comfortable !!!

Edit * I just saw some of those picks :patrice:

Them little nikkas gotta get it together .

Point still stands doe .

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Point still stands doe .

Rodgers was explicitly blaming the young WRs for why Love had those INTs

He isn’t wrong but his patience wearing thin is going to be destructive. Unless of course Watkins and Cobb suddenly stay healthy and play well. Not counting on that

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Point still stands doe .

I know that it's him, but for me, if I see they are open on a blown coverage; shoot it. If they drop it so many times, management is going to cut them. There are many people free agency, who are working 8-5 jobs just waiting for the call. Sacks and QB Pressures add up, because if your laser focused on one man... then you need more time, and then you start doubting your Offensive Line because your holding to long to the ball.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I expect our Offense is gonna be a fukking joke this year,similar to Matts first season here. Expect to see a frustrated Rodgers on the sideline and our D keeping us in games. Hopefully im wrong though.

This the last season im giving any hope for Rodgers and the team to make a SB run. If the same disaterous exit happens (offense going ghost or getting blown out), then im gonna just casually watch without expectations until Rodgers leaves.

Also, @FAH1223 start tagging me nikka, im an OG in dis bytch :ufdup:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Don't understand why people are ITT talking about Rodgers calling out rookie/young WRs as a negative.... They are professionals and need to have a fire lit under them. We have SB aspirations and we need these young dudes to get it together FAST, and sometimes that means tough love and holding them to a high standard.

That's the type of shyt that can make these young WRs great

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Not confident. Have no faith in the offense unless our run game is elite.

Defense i feel good but minny stacked on offense so i have a feeling our O will be keeping our D on the field longer than needed.

Vikes 24 pack 13