Nobody told me Kool G Rap was this dope

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
To be fair to the younger cats, I'm in my 30's and G Rap was still a little before our time. I think a lot of us first really heard him on Murda Muzik with Mobb Deep, and he never had the best visibility after that in terms of bigger releases with promo, etc.

If G Rap had first dropped around 93/94 with Wu and Nas I think he might be a little more well known.

That monster guest spot run he went on from around 98-01 introduced him to a new generation of fans for sure.

4,5,6 did make some noise in 1995 though. Fast Life was a hit and that was his best selling record. I was lucky my cousin put me onto that album and could see in real time how much an impact he had on the other East Coast rappers I was listening to a ton that fall and summer, especially Rae, AZ and Nas

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That monster guest spot run he went on from around 98-01 introduced him to a new generation of fans for sure.

4,5,6 did make some noise in 1995 though. Fast Life was a hit and that was his best selling record. I was lucky my cousin put me onto that album and could see in real time how much an impact he had on the other East Coast rappers I was listening to a ton that fall and summer, especially Rae, AZ and Nas
Hopefully he gets some new fans in 2022. Alc tweeted that he and G Rap have a project done.

It could put a new generation of fans on. Also, that collab album he did with 38 Spesh is super underrated.

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
Hopefully he gets some new fans in 2022. Alc tweeted that he and G Rap have a project done.

It could put a new generation of fans on. Also, that collab album he did with 38 Spesh is super underrated.

The 38 Spesh joint is one of my favorite releases from recent years. Can't wait for the Alchemist collab album :banderas:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
He has some dope joints in the mid to late 2000's too...

Hood Tales reminded me how hard that Marco Polo tape was :wow: