Jody Lo

RNMG
Daps
With the accessibility of connections becoming a few instagram clicks away, we’ve been able to witness a change in how an artist is broken into the music industry. Ever since music discovery became as easy as accessing the internet, we’ve seen hundreds of artists emerge from remote locations all over the United states. This seemed to be unusual at first but is becoming more accepted as new artists find their niche audience every day. But 1 region in particular seems to stand out amongst the rest, that being North Carolina. I’m not keeping the score, but if I was I’m more than sure North Carolina would have been winning by a land slide. With so many starving artists in one location, just this past summer (let alone 2019 as a whole) the North Carolina scene produced some of the hottest releases both mainstream and underground. Let’s review

Bali Baby & i.Skyy – Hood Bratz (June 17, 2019)

Hood Bratz : The EP by Bali Baby, The Playgirls & i.Skyy

Dreamville – Revenge of the dreamers 3 (July 5, 2019)

Revenge of the Dreamers III by Dreamville & J. Cole

YBN Cordae – The Lost Boy (July 26, 2019)

The Lost Boy by YBN Cordae

Jody Lo – Rap Trapper 2 (August 9, 2019)

Rap Trapper 2 by Jody Lo

9th Wonder & Murs – The Iliad Is Dead And The Odyssey Is Over (August 9, 2019)

The Iliad is Dead and the Odyssey is Over by Murs, 9th Wonder & The Soul Council

Rapsody – Eve (August 23, 2019)

Eve by Rapsody

Other Notable Releases

DaBaby – Baby on Baby (March 1, 2019)

https://song.link/album/us/i/1454074600

Stunna 4 Vegas – Big 4x (May 10, 2019)

BIG 4x by Stunna 4 Vegas

Flyboi Quan – Savage (August 14, 2019)

https://song.link/us/i/1356766260

Without continuing this list(which I could), its easy to see North Carolina as a whole is contributing a lot to modern hiphop. Let’s appreciate their contribution while its still their time.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Yes. :blessed: never thought I'd see the day but 2019 has been the year for N.C. Hip Hop :wow:

They need to do a track with Petey Pablo, just respect the first one to breakthrough from these borders.