November 19, 1999 was the last time I listened to new hip hop

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I haven't heard anything since then..hip hop died around that time...I've never heard a 50 cent song..I haven't heard a Lupe song..no new Nas or Jay z..I don't even know what rap sounds like from 1999-2013....I refuse to listen to new hip hop..I'll just be :flabbynsick: and stick to my 90s stuff..

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
This would mean that you've never gone to a bar/club/sporting event
That you've not watched television shows (especially commercials)
That you have not listened to the radio
That you've avoided retail establishments that play music
That you have not accepted a ride from anyone (as they could turn on the radio or play new hip-hop).
You've also avoided walking outside as a car could drive by playing new hip hop.
Also - what happened on 11/19/99? How do you remember that date? Was that when 2001 dropped?
I do :salute:your dedication to avoiding bullshyt music.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
You didn't miss much ....other than saigon? MF DOOM maybe...that was a good time to stop breh

Gandolpiffini

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BLVCK SCVLE
Observe also never went to the dentist and couldn't afford braces
PDG3A5J.jpg

Prae

Pro
Daps
You didn't miss much ....other than saigon? MF DOOM maybe...that was a good time to stop breh
Is this a serious post?

I haven't heard anything since then..hip hop died around that time...I've never heard a 50 cent song..I haven't heard a Lupe song..no new Nas or Jay z..I don't even know what rap sounds like from 1999-2013....I refuse to listen to new hip hop..I'll just be :flabbynsick: and stick to my 90s stuff..
sucks for you

Prae

Pro
Daps
Same here. Ill only start listening to new rap again if Pac decide to come back from Cuba.

If not :camby:
You guys haven't heard Like Water For Chocolate? Or The Black Album? Or Black Star? :what:

fukk are you even posting in a rap forum for?

BlackBieber

Banned
Daps
You guys haven't heard Like Water For Chocolate? Or The Black Album? Or Black Star? :what:

fukk are you even posting in a rap forum for?
Like wut? :what: The black wut? :what:

I only come in here for the golden era discussions.

Prae

Pro
Daps
Like wut? :what: The black wut? :what:

I only come in here for the golden era discussions.
:snoop:

How the fukk you going to not listen to anything after 1999 or w/e? That's just stupid, and no real rap fan would do that. Either you like rap music or you don't. Why would you put some cut off date and limit yourself like that? That's like saying "I only listen to songs that are shorter than 4 minutes" - it makes absolutely no sense. There's no rule saying "there is not a single good rap song that can come out after 2000." Rap on the whole obviously isn't as strong as it was in the 90's, but there are still plenty of gems here and there - and a bunch of decent stuff always coming out.

EDIT: and LMAO at OP never hearing a 50 cent song. Dude must have lived under a rock when In Da Club came out - no friends, no radio, no tv, no computer :russ:

Of course OP and Bieber could very well be trolling, which I sincerely hope is the case

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx

you never go to a strip club night club or ride in a friends car >?