November 19, 1999 was the last time I listened to new hip hop

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I understand your pain....but truth be told 2001 was the last great year for getting classic hip hop albums.

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
not possible to have never heard a 50 Cent song

or a Jay-Z song
or a Kanye West song
or a Nelly song
could probably think of way more examples but...there have been songs/artists impossible to escape unless you've been in a coma

BlackBieber

Banned
Daps
:snoop:

How the fukk you going to not listen to anything after 1999 or w/e? That's just stupid, and no real rap fan would do that. Either you like rap music or you don't. Why would you put some cut off date and limit yourself like that? That's like saying "I only listen to songs that are shorter than 4 minutes" - it makes absolutely no sense. There's no rule saying "there is not a single good rap song that can come out after 2000." Rap on the whole obviously isn't as strong as it was in the 90's, but there are still plenty of gems here and there - and a bunch of decent stuff always coming out.

EDIT: and LMAO at OP never hearing a 50 cent song. Dude must have lived under a rock when In Da Club came out - no friends, no radio, no tv, no computer :russ:

Of course OP and Bieber could very well be trolling, which I sincerely hope is the case
miss me with that post-1999 rap, b. :camby::camby:

the only post-1999 rapper I heard is Drake and hes fukking whack :scusthov:

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
wow that's amazing because you are actually living in a world where hip-hop music is still at it's peak

you've never seen the horrors of Soulja Boy, Drake, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Eminem and all the other garbage that poisoned and destroyed it

It's like living in the world before the two world wars back when people had faith that humanity has a future

how I envy you:ohlawd:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Whoa. Outlandish even for a troll post. I actually don't check for new music anymore. This started around 2003 maybe. I felt as if I was being Punk'd everytime I clicked a link.

Basically I will check for something a couple of years after it's release (if at all). If people still bring up a record a couple years later then it's probably decent.

I haven't been able to avoid ALL pop rap since then. Just venturing out into the world will expose you to it on some level.