NXT Debut of. ..Spoiler obviously

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
That NXT, which is suppose to be developmental for young guys, is becoming a breeding ground for Indy dorks and washed TNA stars. And EY fukking sucks

First of all, EY doesn't suck.

Second, NXT still is a promotion that needs to sell tickets and tours frequently. You need big names to help do that.

I agree that NXT is SUPPOSED to be developmental for young wrestlers but the only successful wrestler who was a pure NXT graduate was Roman Reigns and he has gotten pushed to the moon regardless of his shortcomings. Zayn, Neville, Owens, Crews, Rollins, Ambrose, etc. all were big names before NXT.

Also having experienced wrestlers work with the talent only can be beneficial.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
New wrestlers cant get better by working against New wrestlers.

They have to work with people who know what they are doing so that they can learn.

And EY fukking sucks? negged.

That's not what I mean. They are not developing the green guys down there. When was the last time an guy from their system actually came up and won the strap? Bo Dallas? Their Main event scene is dominated by already established Indy guys. The other guys just flounder and then when they get to the main roster they flop.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's not what I mean. They are not developing the green guys down there. When was the last time an guy from their system actually came up and won the strap? Bo Dallas? Their Main event scene is dominated by already established Indy guys. The other guys just flounder and then when they get to the main roster they flop.
I get what you mean, NXT's midcard is awful. And unless you made a name for yourself overseas or in The Impact Zone, you're pretty much on your own. They're not building guys.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I'm happy to see the serviceable TNA guys landing ok

WWE using known & experienced entities as "gatekeepers" to help their new guys is smart, not sure how people can see it otherwise.

As much as some of us love NXT it is a touring developmental brand. There's a lotta cats that just left cross fit/football that are having to learn on the fly. You need vets in the meanwhile.

Last edited:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:blessed: NXT needs veterans to work with the young cats. Balor is most likely on the way up, Joe & Naka are too good to stay in NXT long term.