Albums NxWorries (Anderson .Paak & Knxwledge) - New Album (Confirmed Done 09/05/23)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's not lost on me how they kinda act like Silk Sonic doesn't exist. Something happened...

Did something happen or did you just witness an Interscope master class on putting their guy in position to blow up? Paak is on Aftermath, so Interscope. Bruna Mars is on Atlantic, ie Warner. The official story is that Bruno and Paak became good friends and decided to collab, which I will buy but it's still not common when two labels work together like this. I'd imagine Atlantic was more hesitant about this, given that Bruno hasn't released a solo album in years. Whereas Aftermath got their boy on the radio (finally), got him on TV, increased the festival runs and got him a huge tour placement last year (opening up for RHCP). Not to mention that Paak is a legit songwriter and elevated that shyt to levels it wouldn't have gone to without him. He's always had the talent, just didn't have the platform.

That was never gonna be more than a one album thing. Maybe you get a Christmas EP or something one day. The only thing I'm curious about is why they're going with another nxworries album instead of a Paak solo record. Not sure nxworries is gonna be the best vehicle for whatever is step 2 of the Interscope plan.

s@n

All Star
Daps
What's the story on that 🤔
They were spending a lot of time together around the time they were hosting that radio show. I believe knx did some remixes/looses with Earl during that stretch; iirc there are a few of the on those shows. Then I think when Earl started rocking more with Mach, his beef with knx caused separation

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Did something happen or did you just witness an Interscope master class on putting their guy in position to blow up? Paak is on Aftermath, so Interscope. Bruna Mars is on Atlantic, ie Warner. The official story is that Bruno and Paak became good friends and decided to collab, which I will buy but it's still not common when two labels work together like this. I'd imagine Atlantic was more hesitant about this, given that Bruno hasn't released a solo album in years. Whereas Aftermath got their boy on the radio (finally), got him on TV, increased the festival runs and got him a huge tour placement last year (opening up for RHCP). Not to mention that Paak is a legit songwriter and elevated that shyt to levels it wouldn't have gone to without him. He's always had the talent, just didn't have the platform.

That was never gonna be more than a one album thing. Maybe you get a Christmas EP or something one day. The only thing I'm curious about is why they're going with another nxworries album instead of a Paak solo record. Not sure nxworries is gonna be the best vehicle for whatever is step 2 of the Interscope plan.

Fair point. I didn't consider the label differences. Plus I dont think Bruno likes the karaoke and cover-song allegations surrounding his career. Dude hasn't released an ORIGINAL song in ages, including the mimicry of Silk Sonic.

I'd say Paak is chasing to go the "Talib" route musically instead of becoming The Weeknd, if that makes sense...and I think it'll work. With streaming and more insular fan bases not chasing CD sales or radio, Paak will be a long term touring and performance act, not a single's driven megastar... I think it's more sustainable and respects Park's CLEAR creativity.

Labels dont seem to be investing in rap so the next best thing is to be a respected artist with a clear talent that has a more traditional flair that can bridge generations.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not sure nxworries is gonna be the best vehicle for whatever is step 2 of the Interscope plan.
Maybe it's because Paak is a real one and didn't feel like abandoning Nxworries considering YesLawd is better than any of the solo projects that he put out after inking with Dre.

:jbhmm:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
It's not lost on me how they kinda act like Silk Sonic doesn't exist. Something happened...

I’d be willing to bet Paak realized it’s trash music and he’s come back to his roots :ahh:

I was happy af for Paak to get that type of fame and money, but absolutely hated it musically. Fuking lounge act music. It was so beneath him.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Maybe it's because Paak is a real one and didn't feel like abandoning Nxworries considering YesLawd is better than any of the solo projects that he put out after inking with Dre.

:jbhmm:
I’d be willing to bet Paak realized it’s trash music and he’s come back to his roots :ahh:

I was happy af for Paak to get that type of fame and money, but absolutely hated it musically. Fuking lounge act music. It was so beneath him.
I'd love to believe this

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Fair point. I didn't consider the label differences. Plus I dont think Bruno likes the karaoke and cover-song allegations surrounding his career. Dude hasn't released an ORIGINAL song in ages, including the mimicry of Silk Sonic.

I'd say Paak is chasing to go the "Talib" route musically instead of becoming The Weeknd, if that makes sense...and I think it'll work. With streaming and more insular fan bases not chasing CD sales or radio, Paak will be a long term touring and performance act, not a single's driven megastar... I think it's more sustainable and respects Park's CLEAR creativity.

Labels dont seem to be investing in rap so the next best thing is to be a respected artist with a clear talent that has a more traditional flair that can bridge generations.

I swear I’m so confused when people refer to him as a rapper. I don’t even think of him as a rapper at ALL. He is an r&b singer. That’s is his superpower

He’s like the inverse of Drake. Imagine if people called Drake a r&b artist just bc he occasionally carries a note

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Silk Sonic wasn't trash. Y'all be doing waaaaaay too much.

:snoop:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I swear I’m so confused when people refer to him as a rapper. I don’t even think of him as a rapper at ALL. He is an r&b singer. That’s is his superpower

He’s like the inverse of Drake. Imagine if people called Drake a r&b artist just bc he occasionally carries a note
He's a core funk artist. Rides both cadences.