NY Started Grills, So Why Does The South Claim To Have Started it

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
For someone who claims to hate the south so much you sure can't keep us out of your mind and out of your mouth. You're like a dog humping on its' owner's leg, no matter how much we try to shake you off you hold on for dear life.

Dont@Me

šŸ˜”
Daps
NY started rap period the regional disrespect it gets on here is from some looser ass clowns who had to wait years for their cities to gain relevancy so they could spew hatred born from envy at NY. At the end of the day no one has surpassed NY in terms of classics, impact in the game and legendary MC's. This hoe ass NY hatred needs to die.

They were the grimiest hardest and realest representers of the essence of rap everyone else had to mold themselves after then got brave n cocky now you get disrespect that is just years of pent up jealousy. The grills the flossing the styles the lingo the aura of gutta elegance is all from NY.

Them other nikkaz gave u crayola colored ice and fake/ off brand clothing for years let's not pretend like the rest of em ain't just catch up but less than a decade ago...

Yes shots fired feel something bout it :mjcry:
but tell me how u REALLY feel

Last edited:

Dont@Me

šŸ˜”
Daps
It aint about what u did

Its about what yall doing now

Most u ny cats wont even defend ur own (troy ave)

Last ny cat buzzin b4 asap was maino in 09

Ny rap is dead gone dusted

....correlating modern whack mainstream rappers with a region purposely when there is plenty of skill in artists that you were too lazy to find yourself?
You realize you can do that with just about any region, right?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I was finna say all of this...fukk wrong wit these clowns...it was just another fad to them it's a lifestyle to us
Y'all nikkaz had the fake ice grills one lock with the fruity pebble rocks spelling ya name out n all types corny shyt. That the lifestyle u claiming? NY did grills way better :heh: then them TV johnny joints :mjlol:

db81

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas will laugh at you wearing a "grill" in Louisiana. nikkas get permanent slugs in their mouths. You get no props for taking that shyt out. And like somebody said earlier, my great grandmother had gold teeth. People actually started getting gold caps cuz they couldn't afford dental work. Then eventually it became fashionable. I knew nikkas in 7th grade getting gold teeth, it didn't have nothing to do with New York, smh.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
If you're black american im pretty sure you got at least one old ass southern relative with grills or golds in they mouth. People in here talking all that rah rah and they only arrived in america a week ago (week ago!!)

Shots fired get at me fakkits :youngsabo:

kingstl

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were wearing gold teeth in the South, long before blacks ever migrated from the South to NYC.

Jack Johnson... had slugs in his mouth, before the grandparents of the first NYC rappers were even fukking born.

Threadstarter is obviously young and doesnt know better.....

It's people down here who had gold teeth in the 70's....maybe even 60's

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
So you guys are arguing with a guy who pretends to be a gang member on a message board but outside of it he gets it in with rapist looking white guys?

300x300.jpg