ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
And where the fukk are the inmate population of the 4 boroughs going to go? But this isn't going to be complete closer as in shut down but just like how they close public schools they are going to shut down and overhaul the entire correction system of Rikers and possibily open up under a new name. If they do indeed shutdown Rikers Island then I'm very interested in where they going to house these inmates, that is alot of real estate they sitting on that wont be used.

I imagine alot of non violent muthafukkas gonna be let out early... :coffee: They gonna comb that entire system for prisoners with bullshyt offenses... I mean I imagine theyre a few innocent people still in there like Kalief was...:stopitslime:

Tae

All Star
Daps
Will shutting down the prison really make a difference? Correct me if I'm wrong the issue wasn't the prison itself but the corrupt correctional officers who were not only abusive with their power but also turning a blind eye toward inmate conflicts. If De Blasio really want to make a impact and change the culture how about implementing a policy that would severely punish C.O for misuse of their power. I'm talking about serving some time with the inmates that they are suppose to be watching.

If the CO's who abused their power on those inmates have not and are not going to be punished the WTF is De Balsio talking about? It will simply continue at a new jail. Closing a jail will not bring about change, letting those in the prison system know rules and laws will be enforced is what will bring about change.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Will shutting down the prison really make a difference? Correct me if I'm wrong the issue wasn't the prison itself but the corrupt correctional officers who were not only abusive with their power but also turning a blind eye toward inmate conflicts. If De Blasio really want to make a impact and change the culture how about implementing a policy that would severely punish C.O for misuse of their power. I'm talking about serving some time with the inmates that they are suppose to be watching.

Not only the COs the DAs and judges that denied young men like Kalief due process. The entire system has to be revamped but I'm just dreaming.

Tae

All Star
Daps
Curtis Sc00n said this would be announced on Twitter a while ago. Said Jay Z was possibly being used for the documentary to get Rikers Island closed like he was for the Barclays Center. They've been talking about looking to develop Rikers Island into a community for a few years now. Said they were gonna use Kalief Browder's story to get it pushed more.

Jay-Z is probaby already looking into investing in whichever company will be selected to devleop the high rises on Rikers, just like he did with Barclyas and the Nets.
When you're climbing your way to the top it has less to do with bring about change and more to do with lining your pockets.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Let's look at this from another perspective.

Need a different frame of reference

NYC is a city/municipality...yes.

But..it has a population (8.5 million) larger than 37 of 50 U.S. states...List of States By Population, Based on 2015 Estimates.

Now take a typical state with around 8-9 million residents....do you not think they have more than 10,000 people in local jails and state prisons???

So I'm curious as stated in earlier post how and where they are going to put people......it's a sanctuary city and if Trump has his way...the 1 million undocumented immigrants gone need a larger deportation facility....:mjgrin::lupe:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Let's look at this from another perspective.

Need a different frame of reference

NYC is a city/municipality...yes.

But..it has a population (8.5 million) larger than 37 of 50 U.S. states...List of States By Population, Based on 2015 Estimates.

Now take a typical state with around 8-9 million residents....do you not think they have more than 10,000 people in local jails and state prisons???

So I'm curious as stated in earlier post how and where they are going to put people......it's a sanctuary city and if Trump has his way...the 1 million undocumented immigrants gone need a larger deportation facility....:mjgrin::lupe:
They are definitely going to redevelop the land and most likely re-zone it residential. Blasio said they are going to make smaller jails in each borough. Just very simple math of 10,000 / 4(boroughs) you get 2,500. They can make it work and this might actually help in the logistics of transporting inmates to their various court houses as they are already stationed in their borough.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
They are definitely going to redevelop the land and most likely re-zone it residential. Blasio said they are going to make smaller jails in each borough. Just very simple math of 10,000 / 4(boroughs) you get 2,500. They can make it work and this might actually help in the logistics of transporting inmates to their various court houses as they are already stationed in their borough.

Oh yeah.....so everyone is sent to Rikers or smaller temporary holding facilities in precincts then go to their borough's courthouse?

Ok ok ok.....to much watching Law and Order makes you think everyone goes to Manhattan's courthouse :mjgrin:

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So will each boro get new facilities, staffed by the type of admins that worked Rikers?

As long as incarceration rates remain the same, the problem is just being spread out. Diblasio is leaving something out, or just going for the okey doke.

You can argue that Rikers isn't even the worst. It's probably just the largest facility. A lot of the detention centers throughout NYC can be just as bad.

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
You can argue that Rikers isn't even the worst. It's probably just the largest facility. A lot of the detention centers throughout NYC can be just as bad.

Is Albion considered the same classification?
Cause the stories I heard from my cousin from there were ... wow.

She was there with Amy Fisher I believe, said things may have changed tho.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
this. So a city mayor would rather not focus on solving the culture and administrative problems within the prison system, instead he'd rather create another housing issue but with inmates, while not fully addressing the current housing issue, and then focus on the culture and administrative problems within the prison system. SMH