NYC Really Is Like The '80s Again: The 2022 New York Yankees Season Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Well I guess there's no real way to hype ourselves up for the season as the 2nd best team that plays in Yankee Stadium is getting ready real quick in Tampa for the season.

This is gonna be a long season. Question marks everywhere. Don't really have much faith in this roster to do much and by August we may just be keeping ourselves entertained with Anthony Volpe and Jasson Dominguez reports from the farm.

This front office is delusional. No other way to put it. Cheapest $260 mil team ever. Yankees are the kind of team that goes grocery shopping at CVS knowing damn well your supermarket got better shyt for a cheaper price.

@Grifter @g-ice @The War Report @NYC Rebel @jflores @NYChase718 @Derek Lee @The Fukin Prophecy @Mantle Drunk @SithLawd @puggle @3rdLetter @BlueHeffner @Pitfalls0117 @Rev @Medio @IGSaint12 @Michael's Black Son @Remote @BlackBall @Doctor Wily @Aje @Stop_It_5 @GunRanger @Columbo @Ethnic Vagina Finder @obarth @K-Apps @gangreen @ExodusNirvana @Walter H White @Spaceman Piff @DredScott @Juggalo Fred @Street Knowledge @NY's #1 Draft Pick @the next guy @Rice'N Beckford @BaRRyG @HookersandIceCream @nyknick @Mantis Toboggan M.D. @Tunez @BK360NATL @holidayinn21 @Nero Christ

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
And let's not kid ourselves. Their offseason is done.

Here's what the roster will look like sometimes

48 1B Anthony Rizzo
99 RF Aaron Judge
27 DH Giancarlo Stanton
28 3B Josh Donaldson
13 LF Joey Gallo
25 SS Gleyber Torres
31 CF Aaron Hicks
66 C Kyle Higashioka
12 SS Isiah Kiner-Falefa

Bench
70 C Ben Rortvedt
26 IF DJ LeMahieu
33 OF Tim Locastro
11 OF Brett Gardner (you know gotdamn well he's coming back)

Other guys fighting for a spot
90 OF Estevan Florial
91 SS Oswald Peraza (they NEED this guy to make the season somewhat watchable)
41 OF Miguel Andujar
C 62 Rob Brantly
Ronald Guzman

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
pitching

45 Gerrit Cole
40 Luis Severino
47 Jordan Montgomery
50 Jameson Taillon
65 Nestor Cortes

Bullpen

54 Aroldis Chapman
43 Jonathan Loaisiga
58 Wandy Peralta
57 Chad Green
35 Clay Holmes
84 Albert Abreu
63 Lucas Luetge
31 Joely Rodriguez

Other arms fighting for a spot
81 Luis Gil
85 Clarke Schmidt
83 Deivi Garcia
73 Michael King
70 Stephen Ridings

I'm not even gonna include Domingo German since he's already on the 60 Day IL.

If you told me this team would be the first team since '92 to finish under .500, I might just believe you.

Now for the good news,

Hoping for good things from the following in the farm system (rankings according to MLB)

Anthony Volpe (#15)
Jasson "The Martian" Dominguez (#17)
Oswald Peraza (#57)
Austin Wells
Trey Sweeney
Luis Medina
Yoendrys Gomez
Roderick Arias
Everson Pereira
Alexander Vargas
Justin Lange

Last edited:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
pitching

45 Gerrit Cole
40 Luis Severino
47 Jordan Montgomery
50 Jameson Taillon
65 Nestor Cortes

Bullpen

54 Aroldis Chapman
43 Jonathan Loaisiga
58 Wandy Peralta
57 Chad Green
35 Clay Holmes
84 Albert Abreu
63 Lucas Luetge
31 Joely Rodriguez

Other arms fighting for a spot
81 Luis Gil
85 Clarke Schmidt
83 Deivi Garcia
73 Michael King
70 Stephen Ridings

I'm not even gonna include Domingo German since he's already on the 60 Day IL.

If you told me this team would be the first team since '92 to finish under .500, I might just believe you.

Now for the good news,

Hoping for good things from the following in the farm system (rankings according to MLB)

Anthony Volpe (#15)
Jasson "The Martian" Dominguez (#17)
Oswald Peraza (#57)
Austin Wells
Trey Sweeney
Luis Medina
Yoendrys Gomez
Roderick Arias
Everson Pereira
Alexander Vargas
Medina is ranked 60 on fangraphs top100

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
I honestly think they'll take the division but lose again in the Wild card/Alds round.

Once again for the 6th season in a row I REFUSE to attend a game due to the Yoan Moncada fukk up.

And lastly I'll bring back a infamous blog tag line that shut down 8 years ago that was pretty spot on regarding Cashman...

7958bc6d82574f80f98075a7b4130731.jpeg

Check out NoMaas on Twitter.
If we had $200 million to burn, the #Yankees would never lose a game. Est. 2005 RIP 2015 - thanks for 10 great years —- watch ‘The Game Changers’ on Netflix https://twitter.com/nomaas?s=20&t=4U18s31oshLJ3ZMCPsGWNQ

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the Yankees will do well.
But I think the margin for error is really small.

From a value perspective they're not that great. I don't think Stanton will perform to his contract. And a lot kind of hinges on how healthy Josh Donaldson will be - in m opinion. If he's in the lineup for 130 games, the team should be really good. If he misses more time it could be a struggle.

Joey Gallo is...well he's obviously boom or bust. He's going to be frustrating in the same way that Gary Sanchez was. He's going to OPS 1.000 one month and probably OPS .700 for 6 weeks after that. Players like Sanchez and Gallo could put up nice season numbers overall but often they let you down in a short series because of how streaky they play. Sometimes you'd rather sacrifice the raw power for a bit more consistency in making contact. And really I think that's one of the weaknesses of this roster....the Yankees don't have enough guys you can rely on to put the bat on the ball and manufacture runs when you need it.

Gleyber is really the X-factor here. He doesn't quite project to be an All-Star this year but coming into his 5th year, maybe he makes a bit of a leap. If he can find that power stroke from 2019, he can dramatically improve the lineup. I would love to see 25-30 HR. That's probably all it would take. Maybe the Yankees could schedule extra games vs the Orioles, lol.

As far as the rotation, it's Gerrit Cole and that's it. Obviously Severino has the same ceiling but it just depends on how many innings he's going to give you. If the Yankees get into the postseason, I think Cole/Sevy is as good a 1-2 punch as any in the league. But if Sevy goes down, there's a pretty big drop off to Montgomery in my opinion. Can someone on the Yankees please tell Montgomery to stop throwing a sinker? It's not a good pitch for him. I get that he needs something to go with his fastball and changeup. But his sinker is pretty much a meatball. I guess all things considered, Montgomery is a fine #3 (I know he's listed as #2 but let's be honest, in terms of talent he's not that guy).

The Yankees are going to be relying on their bullpen to win a lot of games. And by the way, maybe this is why the Yankees declined to spend up this offseason.
Next winter, a couple of good pitchers could be on the market: Chris Sale, Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard, Carlos Rodon, Mike Clevinger, Sean Manaea, Joe Musgrove...

No one who is really a 20-something who is a superstar, and some would be on Player Option, but certainly guys who could solidify their rotation better than what they have right now.
:ehh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
How do you guys feel about the Twins Correa signing for $35 mil per after they traded you guys Donaldson's $25 mil and Kiner-Falefa's $5 per season? Is it addition by subtraction just getting rid of Sanchez?

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
How do you guys feel about the Twins Correa signing for $35 mil per after they traded you guys Donaldson's $25 mil and Kiner-Falefa's $5 per season? Is it addition by subtraction just getting rid of Sanchez?
Cashman Got trolled and played hard. Seriously, as if they don’t look bad enough already.

Gary is whatever. He had to go.