NYPD officer in critical condition(AX attack)

Daps
Reppin
VOID
that empire state building shyt was unbelieveable, nine innocents hit and nobody blinked an eye. i believe not too long after that police shot a crazy guy near times square or port authority and at least 1 other pedestrian was hit as well
Yea I remember that...shyt was crazy.

Back to story...After the nypd has killed and beat up so many of us...I have no sympathy for him.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
He didn't kill him?
yjAB63a.gif

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
A hatchet-wielding man who attacked a group of rookie cops on a Queens street, critically injuring one of them, was shot dead by the officers on Thursday afternoon, and a female bystander was hit in the back by an errant round.

Police are investigating the possibility that Zale Thompson, the attacker who made the crazy charge at a pack of four cops in the heart of Jamaica’s shopping district — plunging the hatchet into the skull of Officer Kenneth Healey — was motivated by a desire to commit an act of terrorism.

Thompson, 32, lived in Queens Village, once served in the Navy and attended Teacher’s College at ColumbiaUniversity from 2009 to 2010 but left before earning a degree. He had a Facebook conversation recently with a man on the subject of terrorism, police sources said. That man, Frank Sha Francois, 49, told the Daily News that they did talk about terrorism but denounced it in all its hideous forms.

“We spoke against all aspects of any type of terrorism — foreign terrorism, domestic terrorism, terrorism committed by groups and by governments. Any act of violence where innocent lives are spilled, we spoke against that,” Francois said.

“He never expressed to me, that I could recall, that he would do anything violent. Yes, he said there were things that needed to be done — nonviolent, collective action .... He said the people can’t take up arms against law enforcement; it would be suicide.”

At about 2 p.m. Officer Healey, 25, stood with three fellow cops on Jamaica Ave. near 160th St. The four, who were graduated from the Police Academy, had just posed for a picture taken by a freelance photographer.

Seeing the group of Finest, Thompson, hatchet in hand and his face partially covered by a green parka, rushed at the cops.

“The suspect charged at the officers,” Bratton said.

A surveillance video showed Thompson’s devilish dash and him “cocking the hatchet like it’s a baseball bat and starting to swing it,” a police source said.
One of the blows struck Healey in the side of the head, fracturing his skull, the sources said. Officer Joseph Meeker, 24, was sliced in the right arm.

“He raised his hand real high and brought it straight down on the officer,” Larry Bethune, 44, who was walking down Jamaica Ave. at the time, told The News. He said he thought the blow would prove fatal for Healey.

“He went down on his knees and then landed on his face, and I thought he killed him.”

Rudy Escamilla, a 44-year-old union representative for United Parcel Service, was in the area on business and witnessed the suspect’s attack — and Healey’s effort to dodge the blow at the last moment.
“The cop was trying to get out of the way, but the guy was too fast,” Escamilla said. “When he did cut the officer, the cops came over and that’s when the officers opened fire.”

The two cops who were not victims of Thompson’s hatchet fired a total of 19 rounds, killing Thompson on a sidewalk outside of a Conway store, a cop source said. One of the bullets struck the lower back of a 29-year-old woman who was innocently standing outside of a store two doors down, police said. She was initially in critical condition, but doctors performed surgery and stabilized her.

Healey also underwent surgery at the same facility, Jamaica Hospital, and was listed in critical but stable condition, police said.

Healey is a Queens College graduate who lives on Long Island, likes to surf and comes from a law-enforcement family, a relative said.
“It sure is dangerous; it’s getting worse every day,” his grandfather John Healey, 84, said of his grandson’s profession. “It seems to be a sport — attacking police.”

An internal NYPD message sent Thursday urged officers to “maintain a heightened level of awareness” in light of the Queens attack and the shooting at the Canadian Parliament on Wednesday. “Please remind your personnel to remain vigilant at all times,” the message added.

Mayor de Blasio said he was impressed by how the officers responded under a situation of extreme duress at the outset of their careers.

“They were just starting their career when the absolute unexpected happened,” de Blasio said. “They showed the power of their abilities and responded to their training.”

As investigators were delving into Thompson’s background, they requested search warrants for his home so his computer could be analyzed to identify his online contacts and the type of websites he was visiting. A police source said one of Thompson’s computers contained evidence of web searches about the Islamic State and Afghanistan. But the source said investigators were initially leaning toward a belief that Thompson was mentally disturbed but not linked to a terrorist group.

“That type of question certainly comes to mind,” Bratton said at a 5 p.m. press conference when asked about a connection between Thompson and a terrorist organization. “We really cannot say yes or no to that question. This is an ongoing investigation.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/police-shoots-kills-man-ax-queens-article-1.1984914

file.php

artworks-000041933774-cxypoc-crop_zps7ea14e06.jpg

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think i missed or skipped over the part where it said Why he did it:dwillhuh: