Obama administration says student debt helps, not hurts the U.S. economy

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
And this right here is why this report is absolute horseshyt.

Why should the price of a college education - the price of learning a field of study - depend on whether a person can: a) take out debt and b) finance that debt at a certain percentage.

Did it ever factor into your mind that if students didn't take out debt to go to school, there would be a lot more people willing to get advanced degrees? :jbhmm:

I wasn't advocating for the current system, I was pointing out the angle the White House is taking.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Guys, this is just the meritocracy myth in debt form. :mjlol:

There is just so much wtf in this article. I desperately need to read this report.
I'M SAYIN!!!

Now imagine if we had the same graduation rates but, wait for it, NO or REDUCED DEBT!!! OMG WTF!

shytty ass article trying to make it sounds like it's because of the debt and not the education that people are doing well who went to college. No one is saying College is a bad choice, in fact it's now a must more than ever, they're just saying it would be nice to not be owing for the rest of your life.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Probably good for the economy because so many people take out an amount far exceeding what's necessary for tuition, housing and books, so those "living expenses" go back into the economy through ignorant purchases that boost businesses.

I can't tell you how many people that were doing ridiculously stupid shyt with federal aid like they won the lottery.

Universities and the government must love it. Almost impossible to default on student loan debt, so government collects interest in perpetuity from these fools who took out so much and were never taught the value of a dollar or hard work. Universities knowing this continually jack up tuition.

Cycles gon cycle

:blessed:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I'M SAYIN!!!

Now imagine if we had the same graduation rates but, wait for it, NO or REDUCED DEBT!!! OMG WTF!

shytty ass article trying to make it sounds like it's because of the debt and not the education that people are doing well who went to college. No one is saying College is a bad choice, in fact it's now a must more than ever, they're just saying it would be nice to not be owing for the rest of your life.

:laff: thats what really gets me about the article. Every aspect of the "good" lifestyle they are describing cannot be achieved at a national level without an undergraduate and/or graduate degree. So you've just admitted that the American Dream is a debt fueled bubble, built on the exploitation of professional achievement and middle class romanticism.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
:laff: thats what really gets me about the article. Every aspect of the "good" lifestyle they are describing cannot be achieved at a national level without an undergraduate and/or graduate degree. So you've just admitted that the American Dream is a debt fueled bubble, built on the exploitation of professional achievement and middle class romanticism.
We truly are at the tail end of this ride. Half the country doesn't know its ass from its elbow and is to stupid to realize how stupid it is. The other half is so sensitive it's borderline paralyzed by it's retardation. Both sides are getting played. 100% of the population is hell bet on its own destruction, even those making the money fail to realize that they are creating bubble after bubble that will ultimately end in a purge type of revolution. When you have all the money but there's only 100 of you and theirs BILLIONS of everyone else, that has historical proven to lead to decapitations in town squares.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
We truly are at the tail end of this ride. Half the country doesn't know its ass from its elbow and is to stupid to realize how stupid it is. The other half is so sensitive it's borderline paralyzed by it's retardation. Both sides are getting played. 100% of the population is hell bet on its own destruction, even those making the money fail to realize that they are creating bubble after bubble that will ultimately end in a purge type of revolution. When you have all the money but there's only 100 of you and theirs BILLIONS of everyone else, that has historical proven to lead to decapitations in town squares.

The gambit is that our iphones and sunday football will keep us from doing anything too stupid.

And honestly, it's a pretty god damn good bet.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I think it's the interest that bothers most people.
Im talking about this article claiming those with degrees &debt are doing well in society while ignoring the debt it took to get the degree is out of hand