Offical Thread : Klitschko vs Joshua April 29 : Somebody bout to get dey ass Koed in fronna 90,000.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
C3hfVMeWEAM1Get.jpg

C3i1W1tWAAAWLYa.jpg

As someone who hasn’t fought in more than a year, Wladimir Klitschko is obviously antsy to return to the ring. Fortunately, he has a date and potential title fight lined up to supplant the misery of his failed rematch with Tyson Fury.

A deal is in place for Klitschko, a former unified heavyweight champion, to face current IBF titleholder Anthony Joshua on April 29 at London’s Wembley Stadium, Klitschko manager Bernd Boente told RingTV.com in an email on Tuesday. Of course, Joshua (17-0, 17 knockouts) has to take care of journeyman Eric Molina on Saturday at Manchester Arena in Manchester, England for the fight to happen. But Joshua is expect to win easily, paving the way for a battle between a past dominant champion and someone who is just starting his reign.

“When Joshua wins then Wladimir is next,” Boente said. It’s not clear if Showtime or HBO would carry the bout; Joshua signed a multi-fight agreement with Showtime in May and Klitschko has historically fought on HBO. Boente declined to comment on the status of the networks or if a rematch clause is part of the deal.

Klitschko (64-4, 53 KOs) was supposed to challenge for the title against Fury on Oct. 29 but Fury withdrew from the bout and vacated his titles, citing mental health issues. Klitschko, 40, and Joshua, 27, are former sparring partners and Klitschko is expected to attend Joshua’s fight on Saturday against Molina. Both Klitschko and Joshua are former Olympic gold medalist and two of the bigger names in boxing.

Klitschko and Joshua have deal to meet April 29 in London - The Ring

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
yep hope it happens to.

this fight has been on n off.

this would be a huge step for josh. we need the big names to fight already...shyt stale as fukk. im salt bout pov wilder not happening.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Wlad with another big stadium fight. It’s happened overseas, but it’s REALLY slept on the scale of this dude’s career. Three fights at the 50,000 seat Espirit Arena, a fight at the 35k seat Stade de Suisse, Haye fight was at the 60k Intech, and now about to do WrestleMania numbers at Wembley. What a career, man. :wow:

Has any fighter ever done numbers like Wlad at the box office?

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Wlad with another big stadium fight. It’s happened overseas, but it’s REALLY slept on the scale of this dude’s career. Three fights at the 50,000 seat Espirit Arena, a fight at the 35k seat Stade de Suisse, Haye fight was at the 60k Intech, and now about to do WrestleMania numbers at Wembley. What a career, man. :wow:

Has any fighter ever done numbers like Wlad at the box office?

idk....but whats the most people Floyd fought in front of? im sure he could sell 50,000 - 80,000 right if he fought over there...........?:lupe:

@Newzz

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
idk....but whats the most people Floyd fought in front of? im sure he could sell 50,000 - 80,000 right if he fought over there...........?:lupe:

@Newzz
Biggest venue he fought in was against Shamba in Portland, but I don't think they sold that one out. So the most he'd have fought in front of would be in the 17-19k range in the MGM

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Biggest venue he fought in was against Shamba in Portland, but I don't think they sold that one out. So the most he'd have fought in front of would be in the 17-19k range in the MGM

I guess boxing aint that big in us then cause I would try to fight in 50,000+ stadium for all my big ppv fights if was a major draw.:manny:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
I guess boxing aint that big in us then cause I would try to fight in 50,000+ stadium for all my big ppv fights if was a major draw.:manny:

While the sheer numbers are impressive, there’s no such thing as an affordable ticket to a Floyd, fight. Without seeing the actual dollar amount in ticket sales, it’ll be impossible to make an actual comparison.

But there’s no replacement for outright spectacle, and Wlad’s fights just feel massive. And this’ll be the biggest yet :wow:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
I'm a Wlad stan but I said after the Jennings fight he is :flabbynsick: if Joshua chin hold up he can outwork him to a UD. Wlad can't pull the trigger anymore :manny:

I’m gonna start crediting this to Steward’s passing. For as pragmatic as his approach was, once Manny knew his fighter had broken down his opponent mentally, he’d get on him to get him out of there. The Wach fight was the birth of this non punching Wlad and that was the first fight after Banks took over. He looked like he was back against Lepai, but that turned out to be just because Lepai got debacled by the only punches Wlad throws now, the jab and jab-hook

His preparation seems off, as well. He seems so surprised by what his opponents are doing in every fight now.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I’m gonna start crediting this to Steward’s passing. For as pragmatic as his approach was, once Manny knew his fighter had broken down his opponent mentally, he’d get on him to get him out of there. The Wach fight was the birth of this non punching Wlad and that was the first fight after Banks took over. He looked like he was back against Lepai, but that turned out to be just because Lepai got debacled by the only punches Wlad throws now, the jab and jab-hook

His preparation seems off, as well. He seems so surprised by what his opponents are doing in every fight now.

I think it has more with Wlad not wanting to box anymore. he has a woman who is going through mental issues, he is the primary care giver for his child, he has his brother having issue with their home country, just boxing isn't a priority in his life anymore. Its great money but he doesn't need it anymore and that is why is isn't willing to pull the trigger and put himself in harms way.

That said joshua is so raw and right there to be taken, unlike Fury who was a awkward poor mover/boxer, that I think Wlad takes him out in 6 or 7.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
@hyperman25 ain't you over there in the uk?

i got the money but, just haven't made the move to get a passport yet. cause im fukkin lazy :pacha: i know the atmosphere for a fight like this crazy in the uk.

i think wlad is done by the way. the jennings fight was just the start for me but against fury that made it official for me. people can say fury akward style was what made problems from wlad but, he also couldn't pull the trigger. he knew he had to ko fury to win the fight and i didn't see any urgency/desperation what so ever in him to ko him.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
@hyperman25 ain't you over there in the uk?

i got the money but, just haven't made the move to get a passport yet. cause im fukkin lazy :pacha: i know the atmosphere for a fight like this crazy in the uk.

i think wlad is done by the way. the jennings fight was just the start for me but against fury that made it official for me. people can say fury akward style was what made problems from wlad but, he also couldn't pull the trigger. he knew he had to ko fury to win the fight and i didn't see any urgency/desperation what so ever in him to ko him.

naw breh:russ: that's @Ari Gold Bawse