Official 2017 NFL Free Agency Thread

taker597

Superstar
Daps
The latest reports are that the Saints are pushing to finalize a Butler deal by the end of today. It will be interesting to see if the Patriots get the #11 overall or if it's something less than that.
Lol, they aren't getting the 11th. They are getting their 32nd back. They needed Butler to sign his tender, and then get traded. Saints and Patriots are obviously breaking RFA rules. Cooks for Butler was the original trade and they did a first and Cooks so Saints wouldn't have dead money from Cook's roster bonus. All of this was a wink wink deal.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

full

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Brandon Carr will have made over 70M over 8 years if he plays 3 years of that Ravens deal. i mean hes not a bum but he keeps getting these big money deals and is not a great player

him, Barry Church and Robert Woods are the worst deals so far. nothing touching Woods tho, that was just stupid on the Rams part. the offensive tackle contracts were bad outside of Whitworth, who until proven otherwise is a beast. Riley Reiff and Matt Kalil's contracts are a joke

Last edited:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
guarantee Revis will goto the Eagles, they are pressed for a splashly name @ corner and he'll play for nothing

dont consider him an impact player at this point, the only one left is Hankins and he wants what Brandon Williams got (not happening). not sure who has money left but CLE should just overpay him they got it like that

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
looks like Jared Cook is headed to OAK, i like that move. Clive Walford is the Cane breh but hes a lil clunky out there, more of a role player in the league
Cook has been a let down his whole career. Finally had a decent yr with Rodgers. I wish they would've gotten derek Carr a tight end with better upside