Official Beauty Tips and Life Hacks Thread

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Sometimes we want to spend less time labouring over our faces and more time out enjoying life. And that’s why we turn to beauty life hacks. Or should I say beauty hacks are a trophy for lazy beauties? Here I have compiled the top 20 beauty hacks, read on to know it:

(1) FULLER LIPS WITH ESSENTIAL OIL

Use a small drop of peppermint essential oil on your fingertip and apply it to your lips. Let your lips absorb the oil for 2-3 minutes before applying a lip gloss to plump your lips.

(2) APPLY MASCARA USING BUSINESS CARD

When applying mascara, hold a business card behind your lashes and apply it in a back and forth motion starting at the roots. You can really put it on this way, coating every lash fast.

(3) LONGER LASHES WITH POWDER

Dust some translucent powder on your lashes between coats. This will make your lashes look much fuller.

(4) WHITE NAIL POLISH AS BASE COAT

Use a coat of white nail polish instead of a base coat. This will make your nail colour stand out more. It will still protect your nails from becoming stained by coloured polishes.

(5) FOUNDATION FIX WITH TURMERIC

If you accidentally purchase a foundation that’s too dark, adding a bit of moisturizer to your mix can help lighten it or turmeric powder to darken the foundation.

(6) CURL LASHES USE HAIR DRYER

Use your hairdryer to slightly heat your eyelash curler. Let it cool a bit, then use as you normally would. The heat will set the curl so it lasts longer.

(7) LIP BALM AS BROW GEL

Use a small amount of lip balm on your eyebrows and then brush them with a spooly to set them in place.

(8) MATTE NAIL COLOR WITH CORN STARCH

Love the look of matte nails? Make your own matte nail polish by mixing any loose powder eyeshadow or corn starch in with a clear polish, then painting the mixture on your nails.

(9) FILL EYEBROW WITH MASCARA

If you have perfectly shaped eyebrows then use brown or black mascara to lightly fill in your brows. Using a q-tip, clean up all the smudges and mistakes.

f41.jpg
(10) NATURAL LIP & CHEEK STAIN

Use a fresh beet as the perfect lip and cheek stain. Run a slice of freshly cut beet on the lips or cheek or dab coconut oil on a cotton swab then run the beet on the swab before applying.

(11) EYELINER AS GEL LINER

Simply place the tip of the eyeliner pencil over a flame for one second. Wait about 15 seconds for it to cool down, and apply. This will make eyeliner easier to apply because it makes it softer.

(12) MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK WITH OIL

Matte texture tends to dry out the lips, so if you have chapped lips then moisturize your lips by using a small amount of argan, coconut or sweet almond oil on your lips, thus, preparing the lips to keep matte lipstick fresh.

(13) STICKY BOBBY PINS

Bobby pins slipping and sliding all over the place? Place them on a paper towel and give them a quick spritz of hairspray to make them sticky. These “sticky pins” will stay in your hair much better.

E109.jpg
(14) CAMOUFLAGE GREY HAIR

If you want to camouflage some strands of grey hair on the go, then use mascara if you have dark hair. For blondes or redheads try dusting your roots with bronzing powder.

g41.jpg
(15) ICE CUBE AS MAKEUP PRIMER

Prime Skin before patting on foundation, run an ice cube over your face (wrapped in a paper towel) , focusing on areas with enlarged pores. The cold water will cause pores to reduce in size and minimize their appearance under makeup for a flawless smooth look and make your makeup last long.

BEST MAKEUP HACKS - THEINDIANSPOT

@MoonGoddess @Raava @Paradise @GoldCoastSaint @Ms.CuriousCat @BrokePhiBroke @BlackPearl The Empress @LovelyOne83 @Azul @Fun Sized Psycho @Rockstar Mom @Ashley Banks @Marti @Coco Loco

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
For whiter teeth, place the inside of
banana peels on your teeth for 2 mins. The minerals from the peels make your teeth whiter

Add 100% emu oil to your shampoo

Drink rose water for skin glow and it grows your nails and hair

I love wigs. It's cheaper and in able to change my look as oppose to wearing a sew in. Why pay $200 +when I can slay for $45 and under? If you're going to buy a synthetic lace front wig, tweeze your part and add concealer powder. If the wig finest have lace but a parting, tweeze it and cut the edge of the parting into a small v shape to make it look like very natural.

Always use a dry shampo so your wig look natural.

@Jisselle
@LeeDoubleLee @Raye82
@rahtid @BabyGrl1990 @Black Barbie @Elle @Elle Driver @The5thLetter

Last edited:

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Girl I'm not into makeup. Just wear lipstick every now and then and call it a day. Lol

but your hygiene and natural hair care is important sis

fa616afdca97a6038205123e77e9b835.jpg

02dba6625ba323a10b491342c95b8614.jpg

One of the best ways to protect your hair during the winter is to maintain the health of the skin from which it grows - the scalp!

“During the winter months, the best way to treat common winter scalp problems such as drying, flaking, or itching, is to do a deep cleansing for the scalp. Most of the time, we tend to pay attention to the hair, but focusing on the scalp is a must,” says celebrity hairstylist Nelson Vercher.

“The best way to do this is to use a pre-cleansing oil treatment on scalp, before you shampoo and condition. I also advise to shampoo more often in the winter time, because you get much more build up on the scalp during winter.”

“My holy trinity combo is Rene Furterer Complexe 5 ($49, dermstore.com), raw cold pressed coconut oil and tea tree oil. Alternate between the three of these and follow with a very moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Your scalp will be healthy, which really helps the hair grow strong from inside out.”

Before washing, Emmy Award winning Andre Walker -Oprah Winfrey’s former hairstylist of over 30 years and co-founder of Andre

Walker Hair- advises to “brush or massage your scalp before cleansing to stimulate blood circulation to promote a healthy scalp and to remove any flaking from dryness.”

“This also helps to bring natural oils to the surface which are great for your hair, but also help to seal in your scalp’s natural moisture. At this stage, you should use a natural oil like Mongongo to massage into your scalp. Mongongo is one of the few oils that have healing and moisturizing properties.”

“Shampoo with a mild paraben and sulfate free moisturizing shampoo to keep your scalp clean. Using my Ultimate

Moisture Shampoo ($10, target.com) not only cleanses but it's also very gentle and helps your scalp to maintain moisture without any harsh ingredients to dry your scalp. Increasing your water intake is also important. This helps to hydrate your entire body as well as you scalp. You can't drink too much water,” says Walker.

What To Know About Winter Skin Care For Darker Skin Tones

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I only wear eyeshadow and lipgloss/stick. But these are good to know.

My only beauty tip is to wash your face EVERY night AND moisturize. Also use astringent.

This thread is for hair, skin, nails or food hacks. You can contribute and post anything below . What is astringent?

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been having skin problems the past 2 years and I still haven’t found a good remedy. At first I got glycolic peels but my skin just reverted a couple weeks later. I started using face wash with sacylic acid, nothing. Microdermabrasion, nothing. I started using black soap, dried out my skin and left it discolored. Started using biore with baking soda, nothing. Used natural products like honey, turmeric, charcoal, lemon, nothing:francis:
At this point, I think what’s left is one of those deep chemical peels but I don’t think I can handle all that, unless there’s something else.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I’ve been having skin problems the past 2 years and I still haven’t found a good remedy. At first I got glycolic peels but my skin just reverted a couple weeks later. I started using face wash with sacylic acid, nothing. Microdermabrasion, nothing. I started using black soap, dried out my skin and left it discolored. Started using biore with baking soda, nothing. Used natural products like honey, turmeric, charcoal, lemon, nothing:francis:
At this point, I think what’s left is one of those deep chemical peels but I don’t think I can handle all that, unless there’s something else.

So you have sensitive skin? If you don't mind me asking, what area/region are you?

RehReh

🖤GhettoDolly🖤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I use aloe Vera gel and a light moisturiser as a primer

Baking soda and lemon juice as toothpaste

Also use the corner of the business card as a stencil for even eyeliner flicks