Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
You guys have to look at this shyt at a more granular level. It's not just about vote totals but also how big of vote totals. People keep forgetting about the NPAs and district level numbers are going to give you a better picture of what the entire state will look like.

For example, this county broke for Trump-like 68+ in 2016. Right now he is only at 59+. This is showing an overall swing against Trump if it holds. Also, combine this with the fact that Hillary only lost it by 2%. So, when you have swings away from him to this degree across the whole state you can see him possibly not doing as well as 2016.

This tweet is from the same thread

I'm assuming this guy did his math right.

If he loses 8-9 points in a highly conservative district, that isn't a good sign. That is a huge fukking swing.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
So what does this mean?

Most of the polls that show Biden with a slight edge in Florida have factored into the electorate being R+3.

So Biden will get a few percentage of GOP voters. There are still Dixiecrats in FL who will vote Trump.

But the key is the independents. They broke for Trump in 2016. Slightly went to Dems in 2018 (though Dems lost GOV/SEN races). And most indications show they will break more to Biden since a lot of these independents didn't vote in 2016.

It's going to be close either way. It always is in FL.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Special shoutout to the Brehs in safe blue states who voted even if they feel they didn't need to.

Hopefully this nightmare with Trump will keep people focused and going forwards and we can continue to shut Republicans and MAGA/Racists down so the last 4 years are never repeated by Republicans.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
WATCH OUT FOR SOCIAL MEDIA fukkERY ON 11-POWER TODAY. :ufdup:

The trolls and deluded MAGAts, Eastern Europe disinfo factories and so on will be pumping out slime faster than ever. Especially into afternoon and evening they'll be trying to spread fake shyt, false returns, doctored videos and you name it. Be sure when you see shyt looks insane that you trace it to a source you trust, otherwise don't retweet, repost and spread.

Keep in mind there could be states that look like they have either a Biden or Trump lead and the count will start to move it late in the other direction or even in the coming days. Google "Red Mirage" and "Blue Shift"

Remember one of the goals is to demotivate and demoralize us. Even if Biden manages to pull it out if they depress turnout that may allow control of Congress or local shyt in the balance. If you know people in line, DO WHATEVER YOU NEED TO SO THEY STAY IN LINE AND VOTE.

Take care brehs. I hope we can start a celebration early. But with 2016 PTSD I ain't acting like this is already done, much as I wish it was. :salute:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This day is going by slow as fukk :damn:

John King like the Mel Kiper of this election board :pachaha:

I prefer listening to Anderson Cooper & Jake Tapper over all the other pundits, so CNN will be my pick. Wolf Blitzer can get lost though :francis:

I'll probably flip between streaming CNN and NPR.

If it starts looking bad for Trump I'll check out FOX :lolbron: but if it starts looking bad for Biden I might just call it a night and go to bed like I did in 2016:francis:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I feel the same. I like the premise of news for millennials, but they need to up the production and entertainment factor.

seems like a situation where eventually people will make a name for themselves there then go to the bigger networks..kinda like a minor league system.