chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not feeling what they doing at all. T’Challa is an iconic comic character. They just writing him off like he is some insignificant side character. Don’t think that would do this to a white character. RIP to Chadwick, but you could honor him without killing an iconic Black character. I’m really hoping most of this is talking place during the blip. If not this is some bullshyt
There is a way to easily bring T'challa back if they decide to recast later. They can adapt the King of the Dead storyline from the comics since it's established that the afterlife exists.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Namor is clearly Polynesian so where the hell are people getting Mexican from? Not to mention in the comics he's very reserved as revolutionary as one can get in the marvel universe. By default, as with Kilmonger, he's going to be portrayed as the villain with a sob story background. Not expecting much from a sequel, Chadwick was to pivotal to the franchise, but props to Ryan Coogler.
As the resident Polynesian I'm going to go with definitely not. The metal is a big giveaway. Polynesian cultures never really made it to the metal age. I know at least in Hawaii there wasn't any type of metal at all present on the island to forge.

Not gonna lie though, Tenoch Huerta almost looks like a typical Hawaiian.

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
The emotional trailer of the coming film WAKANDA FOREVER has build up high expectations. The Marvel Fans reactions are very positive. However, there's a overflow of hope from the fan base that T'Challa will be recast. I'm certain that Marvel will have a plot in WAKANDA FOREVER that will springboard a recast of T'Challa.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Technically they did recast. and just as we predicted you weren't happy with it. Black Panther didn't earn billions because everyone read black panther comics growing up and loved that character. It earned a billy because Marvel and Chadwick were both at their peak.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully they recast
I think they're gonna age young T'Challa up or bring in a multiverse version. Anecdotally (at least in my circle), not even the women were impressed by Shuri as Panther. MCU is reeling and comments from Feige and Iger seem to indicate they recognize they need changes, like cutting back on the amount of content and focusing on the proven properties. I think an unspoken part of that understanding is that these female driven comic properties haven't had the same level of success as they'd hoped.

Whatever the underlying reasons, the bottom line is I think a version of T'Challa will return soon.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Did you guys see the after credits of BP2? T’Challa is now his son that no one knew about. Basically next movie T’Challa back as probably young teenager