Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Fukk all that. Where the nikkas who were saying the black women weren't going to look good in this movie :gucci::dahell::wtf:
000260898hr.jpg

I look at that pic long enough I swear Lupita trying to seduce me with her eyes :wow:

@Roman Brady :mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Fukk all that. Where the nikkas who were saying the black women weren't going to look good in this movie :gucci::dahell::wtf:
000260898hr.jpg

I look at that pic long enough I swear Lupita trying to seduce me with her eyes :wow:

Real talk ALL of the women in this movie would get it except for the one who plays Shuri (she looks like she's legit 15 years old)

Angela Bassett the Cougar:takedat:

Danai the freak :shaq:

Florence the Amazon :whew:

Lupita the QUEEN:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Bros I got so hyped after seeing these stills that I watched Coming To America lol.

The very beginning with the clothing, the regality, The fine ass sistas:ohlawd:

Eddie Murphy was ahead of his time :salute:

Question. Not to derail the thread, but you think Eddie in his prime would be made a good superhero? What hero would you make him and would it be a comedy or more serious?

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was the original plan but that changed when Spidey got added to the MCU.

I'm fine with it coming next year since in February it won't have that much competition and can make all the money it needs to and could pull off a Wonder Woman type run.

Pacific Rim 2 could bite into its international gross though. They loved the first one overseas.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
000260899hr.jpg

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: The last time we saw T’Challa, he was giving sanctuary to a fugitive Captain America. What is Black Panther’s mindset at the start of this film?

CHADWICK BOSEMAN:
It’s shortly after Civil War has ended so he’s still in mourning. There’s a guilt in terms of taking the throne. There’s a feeling that he wishes that his father would have been alive to see it, if he would have given up the throne for being too old. That’s the ideal way. His mindset is one of guilt and unsureness because he doesn’t have [his father] there.

What are the major challenges? What’s the biggest crisis weighing on him?
Generally, there is unrest because there’s no leader on the throne. We’re dealing with a similar thing right now in this country. Just because a person was elected doesn’t mean everybody agrees with the things he’s going to do. Having to make the first decisions … what do you do first? What do you choose to do that’s going to get everybody on your side? It’s a political drama essentially.

So it’s a divided nation. But I’m guessing he’s not Donald Trump, though.
[Laughs] Yeah, he’s not Donald Trump! It’s funny watching the campaign because we were working on this before the campaign started, in terms of the prep. Watching how that ended, watching Obama leave office, and watching Trump take over … There are definite parallels there that you pull from.

Is Erik Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan) T’Challa’s primary rival, the other side of this divided nation, seeking to take his throne?
I can’t really say. Klaue is the real villain. I can say that I identify with Killmonger’s character. It’s going to be a fun character. He definitely has a different point of view. They are polar opposites. A superhero movie is only as great as its villains. I think they both provide a piece of that.

What specific danger does Klaue pose to Black Panther’s people?
You have Wakanda, which is an isolationist society, Klaue has entered that space and knows more about it than anybody else. Because of that, he is a threat. Not to mention that he’s accessed this gift that could also be a curse to the rest of the world.

You’re talking about Vibranium, and his plans to weaponize it.
A lot of times when we talk about Vibranium we talk about it as if it’s, like, nuclear. It’s not a nuclear weapon but with the flexibly and versatility of it, it can do a lot of things. The fact that he has accessed that and has the mind to use it for evil is the key thing. Most people don’t know what it is and what can be done with it.

Does Klaue have a specific goal or mission? Or does T’Challa just have to track him down because he’s a rogue terrorist?
Yeah, that would be a good way to put it. He is the Osama bin Laden of the movie. He’s out there, and you have to go find him because he’s coming back at some point in time.

You talked about T’Challa’s grief over his father, but what’s his relationship with his mother, Ramonda [played by Angela Bassett]?
She is one of the advisors that he would look to. He has to look to her for some of the answers of what his father might want or might do. She may not be exactly right all the time, but she definitely has insights. The one thing I will say about all the female characters in this movie is that they are very strong. It’s a very matriarchal society. She is the queen mother. And she’s that for not just him, but for everybody. She’s has her hands in everything – even his love life.

What is his love life like?
[Laughs] There’s no engagement that’s happening! He’s very James Bond-like. There’s always a possibility that there could be some other woman. I’m not going to tell you that there’s a triangle. You want me to say something about Monica Lynne. [She’s an American character originating in the comics in 1970 and had a turbulent, passionate relationship with T’Challa.]

You mentioned James Bond. How would you say Black Panther is like 007?
In the James Bond movies, there is always the girl but then in the next movie there is another girl. [Laughs] Lupita and I are always joking about that. [Lupita Nyong’o costars as Nakia, a covert agent for Wakanda and a former lover of T’Challa’s.] She will say, “There better not be another woman in the next one!” I’m like, “Hey, you better lock it down!”

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Pacific Rim 2 could bite into its international gross though. They loved the first one overseas.
True, but that was mainly because of China.

And as we just saw with Transformers, China might not be feeling the giant robot thing as much. The latest Tramsformers film is having a sharp decline as compared to the last.

So I think all in all, Black Panther will do fine. Pacific Rim 2 will definitely have an effect but not that much.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Chadwick told Lupita she better lock this down b/c this T'Challa got all the baddies lined up :wow:

@Ziggiy where that blassic of yours with those chicks playin tennis :whew:
Opening scene really about to be tchalla chillin on the couch while a baddie in nothing but an iverson jersey make cheese eggs :BlackPantherBanderas:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
You talked about T’Challa’s grief over his father, but what’s his relationship with his mother, Ramonda [played by Angela Bassett]?
She is one of the advisors that he would look to. He has to look to her for some of the answers of what his father might want or might do. She may not be exactly right all the time, but she definitely has insights. The one thing I will say about all the female characters in this movie is that they are very strong. It’s a very matriarchal society. She is the queen mothe

:jbhmm:

Chad says Wakanda is a matriarchal society.

I'm assuming some of you anti-Coates cats are going to be angry at this, right?

Coates made Ayo and Aneko feminists, and he's the pretty much the only writer to imply a feminist or matriarchal bent to Wakanda in his run.

Did Coogler take influence from Caotes?

@Mic-Nificent , Let's run it back.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Chad says Wakanda is a matriarchal society.

Coates made Ayo and Aneko feminists, and he's the pretty much the only writer to imply a feminist or matriarchal bent to Wakanda in his run.

Did Coogler take influence from Caotes?

Low key we can't deny there will at least be SOME Coates influence. They're too good of friends for them not too.

I fully expect an overwhelmed and not quite ready to be King yet moment from T'Challa in this movie. The difference is we'll get a full arc and by the end it will be very clear he's ready.

Also just because Coates execution isn't the greatest (he is a new comic writer) doesn't mean that Coogler can't take those ideas and make it flow much smoother in the film. Where you're like yea I get where he was going with this. :jbhmm:

Still mostly Priest/Hudlin influences in the movie though. :hubie:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

I'm anti-Coates and I'm not angry at this at all.

T'Challa is looking bad ass and so is this movie. There's a number of quotables that anti-Coates ppl will love but that's getting into that into-the weeds comic book thread shyt:hubie: :dame:, whereas we here talkin about the biggest black superhero movie of all time about to crush the buildings :whew: