Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This guy says Wakanda looks unique. Has some 1st world looking areas and has areas that look 3rd world/underdeveloped.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

This guy says Wakanda looks unique. Has some 1st world looking areas and has areas that look 3rd world/underdeveloped.

It sounds like they're making it off the concept art where some areas look like they're preserving old traditional houses and buildings. Here it is. I always thought that was cool so I don't mind.

tdYTp44.jpg

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
The end of Hudlin's run. (Secret Invasion although not written by him but it still falls into the run)

portrait_incredible.jpg
black-panther-39-2008-secret-invasion-marvel-comic-book-6247-p[ekm]180x276[ekm].jpg
portrait_incredible.jpg
Xn0WV68.jpg

In my opinion had a stronger finish than Priest's run:whoa:

fantasticfour608e+back+panther+power+from+the+dead.jpg

Also can someone fill me in on where this is from?:feedme:
Hickman's fantastic four run.

Whenever hickman did stuff for marvel he always had 2 books running concurrently whose events were interrelated. One book would be a "forefront"/"mainstream", and one would be "underground." or in other words one book for what the mainstream 616 universe characters were aware of what's going on, and one book for what's really going down behind the scenes. That's my interpretation anyway. Hickman probably explains it better in one of his past interviews.

For marvel's first family he had

Fantastic Four and FF(Future Foundation)

then for Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage and Logistics Directorate he had

Secret Warriors and S.H.I.E.L.D.

then for Avengers he had

Avengers (Vol. 5) and New Avengers (Vol. 3)

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are the absolute BEST panther runs to you brehs?

Priest's run is the best IMO and is often cited as the definitive run. Priest is to Black Panther what Frank Miller was to Daredevil.

After that You'll have to try Hudlin's run for yourself, some people love it, other people hate it. With time it's being looked upon far more fondly than when it was first coming out. I personally enjoy the hell out of it. it's an old school adventure comic.

After those two I'd say the Hudlin/Maberry stuff was all really good with the exception of Doomwar (mainly because of the ending).

The David Liss run where Black Panther was filling in for Daredevil is REALLY good, even though the premise is one of the dumber things they've done with T'Challa since he was School teacher in Harlem. Kingpin of Wakanda is a must read IMO.

Then I'd say the GIllis/Cowan mini series from the 80's is an underrated gem.

The McGregor stuff is controversial. It's great storytelling and world building but T'Challa struggles WAY too much in that series. Even Mcgregor has admitted that he over did it.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In my opinion had a stronger finish than Priest's run:whoa:

I think most people would agree Hudlin's run ended or a stronger note than Priest. Priest's final year of the series was changed by editorial in order to keep it from being cancelled. I enjoyed the Kasper Cole stuff, but I get why other people were put off by it.

Hudlin's work got stronger as the series went on and then it had the one great Black Panther story that Jason Aaron has written.

Also once you get a chance to read that Fantastic Four story featuring T'Challa you see even more so how Coates is full of shyt and will change shyt just to make T'Challa look worse as a character.

teacher

All Star
Daps
What are the absolute BEST panther runs to you brehs?

McGregor panthers rage and priests run
..the latter had some filler but a great showcase of what t'challa is capable of....even though the ships on deck at a moments notice to invade amercica was black excellence i felt it was a bit much lol. And kasper cole was kinda corny with the rubber bullets and what not