Official Boku No Hero Academia Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm not good with names so forgive me
I wont go that far yet but its like he wrote this league of villains backwards now and nerfed them on some shyt
Oh boy shigaraki hasnt really done anything worth a damn since he appeared and was finna give eraserhead that work
Hell last villain seemed better as main villain
Deku showing improvement he showing lack of it
I'm hoping maybe the Doc gonna show him the true potential in him
he's never done anything except throw temper tantrums and be all might's guilt complex
he didn't do shyt to eraser head - the nomu did that... this dude gets talked up in the universe only second behind deku. the entire league is worthless outside of terrorizing kids on their field trips
the last villain was fueled by pedo powers ffs
Doesnt seem smart or have a plan I dont like how is now and before like I said before the previous villain for season 4 now that is a perfect final villain for deku
there's no such thing as a perfect final villain for deku anymore :why:

shigaraki is the discount Overhaul no matter how you cut it
better crew
better powers
better goals
better plans

and they essentially wasted him.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
he's never done anything except throw temper tantrums and be all might's guilt complex
he didn't do shyt to eraser head - the nomu did that... this dude gets talked up in the universe only second behind deku. the entire league is worthless outside of terrorizing kids on their field trips

better crew
better powers
better goals
better plans

That's his name overhaul couldn't remember I liked him and u right it was the nomu who did that got my shyt all mixed up :dead:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

better crew
better powers
better goals
better plans

Overhaul’s issue was that he didn’t really see his subordinates as people but tools. I also wouldn’t say Overhaul has a better crew. I’d take Twice, Dabi, and Magne (RIP) over most of Overhaul’s crew.

Overhaul was broken though.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Overhaul’s issue was that he didn’t really see his subordinates as people but tools. I also wouldn’t say Overhaul has a better crew. I’d take Twice, Dabi, and Magne (RIP) over most of Overhaul’s crew.

Overhaul was broken though.
fair enough

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Their building him up to Deku’s rival. So he’s developing as a villan as Deku is developing as a hero. Actually like this better than Shigaraki being all powerful already.

I agree. I thought it was pretty obvious but the little 4th wall breaking of Shigaraki changing the title last chapter should have clued anyone in.

The best thing about how this manga handles character growth is how gradual it is. It’s not right after a fight where all the mental trauma or barriers are overcome. Bakugo has obviously grown a lot since the series has gone on (Him prioritizing saving the civilian and Small Might, in his last fight, over beating the villain is one of my favorite moments for him as was him making sure to get the property back untouched) but it’s been very small changes.

Same with Todoroki who is still dealing with his dad issues even though he’s technically using his fire side.

Shigaraki has also changed very gradually but noticeable. He’s obviously talented (Dude immediately picked up Eraser Head’s weakness and crippled him in one on one combat which is no small feat) but his head wasn’t on right. From threatening to kill Kurogiri just because he wasn’t able to stop Iida to losing his shyt after he lost Noumu to biding his time to attack Overhaul when the time was right even though Overhaul killed Magne.

He’s slowly starting to understand making moves that pay off in the long run and thinking less irrationality. We know he impresses the Doctor enough to get use of a High End Noumu too.

I want to see more of Gigantomachia though.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It don't take 200+ chapters to develop characters yal:mjlol:

Changing or “developing” characters too quickly leads to Naruto-ish “Jesus no Jutsti” where people change their personalities the next time we see them.

Characters develop across far shorter arcs but their growth is incremental. Todoroki went from hating half of himself and his quirk to understanding he’s his own personal to dealing with the guilt of “abandoning his mom after getting sent away” to understanding how his narrow sighted goals made him more like endeavor than he realized to trying to empathize and understand his dads convictions.

Characters develop but it takes time and experience to internalize that growth, in story. Not much time has really passed since we joined UA.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Changing or “developing” characters too quickly leads to Naruto-ish “Jesus no Jutsti” where people change their personalities the next time we see them.

Characters develop across far shorter arcs but their growth is incremental. Todoroki went from hating half of himself and his quirk to understanding he’s his own personal to dealing with the guilt of “abandoning his mom after getting sent away” to understanding how his narrow sighted goals made him more like endeavor than he realized to trying to empathize and understand his dads convictions.

Characters develop but it takes time and experience to internalize that growth, in story. Not much time has really passed since we joined UA.
Class president and Kirishima are a perfect example of marking a character for development, giving them time, their hurdle, and solutions (short and long term) towards developing progressively. even side characters who haven't had their own arcs have developed more than todoroki has since the sports tournament.

its not some impossible feat - todoroki is a textbook placeholder character man... the writer doesn't know what to do with him. so he's gonna be exactly as powerful as he needs to be in order to become truly relevant or job out accordingly to push someone else's value/development.