OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
He had also been the 3ER for far longer than Bran. We have no idea what he was like when he initially got his...."powers", for lack of a better word so comparing him to Bran is kinda silly.

Fred.

But bran gets weirder the longer hes the three eyed raven (which is only really a short period of time). Your case would assume that the previous three eyed raven would get weirder as time went on if being compared to Bran :ld:

I just dont like the writing of the character since the cave scene :manny: seems rushed and doesnt fit in with the rest of the show and his character leading up to that (TO ME MY OPINION).. the recluse soulless angle just seems extremely forced

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
RANDOM: why didn't Ned Stark reveal the truth about Jon Snow's parents to at least his wife? lol Cat treated him like garbage for no reason in retrospect.
:francis: Cause cat was a bytch and he didn’t wanna take no chances.

Think about it, let that shyt get out and he, Jon and his whole family are dead men. Plus he made a promise to his sister

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
But bran gets weirder the longer hes the three eyed raven (which is only really a short period of time). Your case would assume that the previous three eyed raven would get weirder as time went on if being compared to Bran :ld:

I just dont like the writing of the character since the cave scene :manny: seems rushed and doesnt fit in with the rest of the show and his character leading up to that (TO ME MY OPINION).. the recluse soulless angle just seems extremely forced
:yeshrug: He’s like a computer that downloaded to much to fast and his brain couldn’t handle it properly.

The OG 3ER said he wasn’t ready but they had to do for cause they had no more time

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Bruh GRRM is adding shyt on the fly while the show is going on, he even looks to see how fans take plot point he planned in the show and if they don't like it he changes or removes them. I wouldn't drag the show because of anything GRRM has written lately.

Plus Dany hasn't exactly been in the position to know the history of her people.

I'm not dragging the show because of the recently published history book. I only brought that up because someone said non-Targs have rode dragons. My beef with Dany letting Jon attempt to ride in some cutsey fun way can be applied even if I ignore book material. Show canon alone should prevent the scene that we got.

Also, Dany got plenty of lessons on the history of the Targs. From Viserys early on, but also from Jorah, and Barristan. She knows about her ancestors and the history of conquest, fire and blood, which is partially why she is determined to take her rightful seat.

In either event, you don't need a history lesson to know that Targs/Valyrians ride dragons. Everybody in Westeros knows that. Smallfolk know it. Hell its the DEFINING characteristic of Targaryians. We ride dragons, we are the blood of the dragon, and everyone else is food. That's how they have rolled for centuries. She would know that a northerner solo riding a dragon is some unprecedented, 1 out of a million shyt. But she suggests it as foreplay to their picnic date. That doesn't make any sense for her character. And the benign reaction of everyone else doesn't make sense either.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russell:Starks turning into the common white folk savior/victims of the story. Could see it coming from season 1. Hopefully there's more to it than that. Don't feel anything for the Starks, as much of the same shyt has happened to most everyone. Difference is everyone else was cunning and did something about it (don't consider Jon Sneezy as part of them since he was sent to the wall).

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The writing on this show has been....loose for a while now but by your own admission he's only been the 3ER for a minute, so how has be gotten noticeably weirder since then?

Dude went from normal to weird. That's it. And he's been the same level of weird since. And not enough time has elapsed to say whether it's permanent, or not. Especially when compared to the previous 3ER, who was an old ass man and 3ER for god knows how long.

Regardless, it's probably a moot point because I don't see them showing much character growth for him in the last 5 episodes.

Fred.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:yeshrug: He’s like a computer that downloaded to much to fast and his brain couldn’t handle it properly.

The OG 3ER said he wasn’t ready but they had to do for cause they had no more time

like I said, horrible writing :russ:

Still top 3 show for me ever but gotta call a spade a spade :manny:

The Wire is the GOAT show for me and I dont like most of Marlo writing/direction either :manny:

its ok to like a show and call out some of the BS in it

The writing on this show has been....loose for a while now but by your own admission he's only been the 3ER for a minute, so how has be gotten noticeably weirder since then?

Dude went from normal to weird. That's it. And he's been the same level of weird since. And not enough time has elapsed to say whether it's permanent, or not. Especially when compared to the previous 3ER, who was an old ass man and 3ER for god knows how long.

Regardless, it's probably a moot point because I don't see them showing much character growth for him in the last 5 episodes.

Fred.

He wasnt normal for awhile but he still had empathy/emotions/acted like a child for all the episodes leading to the Hodor situation, then he just went void since then :ld: no sympathy at all for anyone dying to save him :ld: or getting him to the cave in the first place.. really out of character from just 1 incident

also maybe I missed it but he never told Jon or Dany that hes this three eyed raven either :ld: so why would they even bother listening to some teenager telling them to shut up we aint got time for this shyt and we gotta plan for a war :ld: The queen getting yelled out by a teenager she just met :usure: why would she trust his word she dont know him from a can of paint :ld:

the only character growth we'll see I believe is how he handles the Jaime situation which will probably be in the first 10 minutes of the next episode

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
RANDOM: why didn't Ned Stark reveal the truth about Jon Snow's parents to at least his wife? lol Cat treated him like garbage for no reason in retrospect.

Cat would of let the Cat out of the bag. Barring the Blackfish the rest of them Tully's are :hhh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
People hating on Sansa, but you have to see it from her point of view (at least in this episode):
  • This unfamiliar broad (from a family with which ours have had beef!!) comes into our house demanding for folks to bend knees and show her respect... you don't demand respect, you earn it, and she has not. Then she has the nerve to be supercilious; if I were Sansa, I'd be "fukk Daenerys" too :yeshrug:
  • Jon out here being a simp, going on waterfall dates and shyt, acting surprised that people aren't here for him bringing an outsider to their home (whose family, once again, the Starks have had historical beef with). Hopefully that little call-back to the convo him and Ygritte had about staying in the cave and not returning serves as foreshadowing to how this Jon/Daenerys relationship ends.
  • Add in Tyrion being a big dumb idiot when it comes to Cersei (he, of all people, should know that she is the last person to be trusted).... it would cause me to side-eye too; you're the one that was chosen to be this person's right-hand man, and you out here making dumb decisions like trusting your she-bytch of a deranged sister, even after everything she's done? I'd side-eye Daenerys and question her judgement.

Nothing Jon has done has been outwardly simpish though. On paper EVERYTHING he’s doing is the right move, coming from a man who all along has said he didn’t want to be King and that the only reason he’s doing any of this is to save them all from the White Walkers. Jon’s message and intent has been the same from jump. Dany sacrificed one of her DRAGONS to come save Jon and bring proof to the entire world that the White Walkers exist. She’s the reason they have a fighting chance. And Sansa wanna get snooty:gucci: fukk Sansa, Jon done told this silly bytch a million times that all that politicing and great games shyt is on pause right now. Even Bran’s human computer ass done got some pep in his step and is tell everyone what time it is...

And you STILL got Sansa complaining instead of standing with Jon and helping quell the Northerners bullshyt. She stood there and let the little Mormont girl try to G-Check Jon like any of that shyt matters. The Night King out here making Hieroglyphics out of human arms and crucifying young kids and nikkas really worried about Dany? fukk outta here

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It’s not like years here passed plus he wasn’t ready so maybe knowing so much fukked him up