Official Indies and small release thread

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
LTTP on this one, but I gave Outer Wilds another try yesterday. I think this will make my third attempt lmao and normally when I hop off something it is what it is but all the fanfare has me scratching my head :mindblown:. I think that intro planet and sequence of talking to all them alien people do the game a huge disservice. Because once it opens up a bit and the gameplay loop reveals itself it sorta starts to click? The controls are still a mess. The framerate kinda questionable. But the story may have sunk its hooks into me finally. And space exploration shyt is sorta my thing anyway. So we'll see.

Also been playing The Pedestrian. :ehh: Dope little puzzle game. Nothing crazy. In fact not much of anything other than trying to make it to the next segment. I can dig the simplicity. Really good music.

And then lastly Gorogoa, which I don't even know how to describe. Probably a puzzler works for this as well. It seems like it's trying to tell a story that's sad af but there's no dialogue or exposition dumps. You're literally shifting panels from pastel paintings to progress things along. You shift perspectives to reveal items of one painting that may complete another. It's trippy as hell.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Cant get into the outerwilds and as much as people rave about it i just dont feel like continuing to try. Its ugly as hell and the controls are just not fun to use

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Cant get into the outerwilds and as much as people rave about it i just dont feel like continuing to try. Its ugly as hell and the controls are just not fun to use
:russ: Yea I think I first tried it over a year ago and was like what in the hell is this mess? It doesn't help that I probably conflated some of the hype with Outer Worlds since I always get their names mixed up. But yea, it came back to GP and people started talking about it again so I was like let's give it one last chance. It's starting to come together but I'll give a verdict after I've finished. I'm also one of the weirdos who enjoys No Man's Sky and Star Trek: Bridge Crew :mjlit:so I got a soft spot for shyt in space.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Also been playing The Pedestrian. :ehh: Dope little puzzle game. Nothing crazy. In fact not much of anything other than trying to make it to the next segment. I can dig the simplicity. Really good music.

And then lastly Gorogoa, which I don't even know how to describe. Probably a puzzler works for this as well. It seems like it's trying to tell a story that's sad af but there's no dialogue or exposition dumps. You're literally shifting panels from pastel paintings to progress things along. You shift perspectives to reveal items of one painting that may complete another. It's trippy as hell.
You heard of Stephen’s Sausage (:dame:)? It’s a critically acclaimed puzzle game.