Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
It really was. I wish it didn't end with time skips.

That's what happens when you refuse to end shyt. Same as the walking dead. That's why I loved Y the last man just a bit more than Invincible. I feel it told its story and wrapped shyt up nice and neat. It didn't have a single arc better than Invincible's best arcs but It was good its entire run and ended and packed a hell of a punch going out.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I remember reading a few issues, maybe Vol 1 from the library a long time ago. It didn't grab me right away, but heard it moves in some incredible directions :wow:

Been looking forward to this for a minute and we get it next year, Amazon eating good off these comic book shows :ehh:

Wonder if they put more emphasis on the ones they had in development like Lazarus.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
can someone gimmie a 2 sentence top summary of whatever the catch of this story is? is he a villian or something? shyt looks generic but i know there's something crazy about it.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
can someone gimmie a 2 sentence top summary of whatever the catch of this story is? is he a villian or something? shyt looks generic but i know there's something crazy about it.
No cuz spoilers

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Mark Grayson is the son of Earth's most powerful super-hero, Omni-Man who is from an alien race called Viltrumites (a planet full of people with Superman powers basically).
When he turns 17, Mark develops super-powers like his dad and becomes the hero Invincible working alongside his dad and Earth's other super-heroes.
Unbeknownst to Mark though is that Viltrumites spread out all over the galaxy to prepare planets to be conquered and his dad was sent to Earth to take it over not protect it.
So Mark has to choose between protecting Earth or siding with his father's race of alien conquerors.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Mark Grayson is the son of Earth's most powerful super-hero, Omni-Man who is from an alien race called Viltrumites (a planet full of people with Superman powers basically).
When he turns 17, Mark develops super-powers like his dad and becomes the hero Invincible working alongside his dad and Earth's other super-heroes.
Unbeknownst to Mark though is that Viltrumites spread out all over the galaxy to prepare planets to be conquered and his dad was sent to Earth to take it over not protect it.
So Mark has to choose between protecting Earth or siding with his father's race of alien conquerors.
thanks. man, comic writing seems easy. i know it's not, but all you need to do is change one ingredient

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
american dragonball is kinda a weak comparison isnt it?

How is this like dragonball ?

There is hardly anything similar
It's an often used comparison given the series' narrative. Both series are about a member of an alien warrior race who protect the earth against ever increasing threats, often in the shape of a physically powerful being that the protagonist has to fight. Along the way both protagonists gain powerful allies and friends and even have to make uneasy alliances with old foes.

That’s the most high-level way I can go into comparing the two series without delving into spoilers but there are deeper comparisons. Like @Majestyx says, Mark in some essence feels like what if Gohan continued to be a fighter as he grew up.