Official Nas Thread

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Finally got my KD3 CD in thr mail today. :ahh:

did you notice this?

We need a Lost Tapes 3 brehs with all those songs from the prior page (Crabs in a Barrel, etc) from that Stillmatic/Gods Son era.

Nas was in such as zone then and if I'm not mistaken most of Lost Tapes 1 was from that era (I Am, Nastradamus, Stillmatic, Gods Son sessions)

Seems some dude has access to the Def Jam/ Columbia vaults and Nas still has alot of unreleased tracks from that era.
if lost tapes 3 drops tomorrow, it's going to be from the def jam vaults. from the khaled interview, Nas was going to keep the sony/columbia songs lost because he severed ties from them, unfortunately, so this is probably the only way to hear it

===

image.png

he's doing one at a time because the nas market is untested..i did my best to talk him down but he's still ticked it's going for under 1k per song...i got a GB coordinator to run it, pledges first, and then once the funds match, everyone pays up in BTC

they have over 40-50 nas songs among just 3 sellers, so it's a small fortune and this is just appetizers

image.png

Last edited:

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

did you notice this?

if lost tapes 3 drops tomorrow, it's going to be from the def jam vaults. from the khaled interview, Nas was going to keep the sony/columbia songs lost because he severed ties from them, unfortunately, so this is probably the only way to hear it

===

image.png

he's doing one at a time because the nas market is untested..i did my best to talk him down but he's still ticked it's going for under 1k per song...i got a GB coordinator to run it, pledges first, and then once the funds match, everyone pays up in BTC

image.png

I didn't even take it out the packaging. For me it's like a collectors item. I listen to the digital and add it to the collection.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

did you notice this?

===

image.png

they have over 40-50 nas songs among just 3 sellers, so it's a small fortune and this is just appetizers

image.png

I will check out the till my last breathe. I got a copy today

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
I will check out the till my last breathe. I got a copy today
he redid the chorus, the energy level is lower. took off the glorilla shout out on the 2nd chorus and added the offset shout out...haven't paid attention to her, she probably did something controversial

Last edited:

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Which era of Nas? Sony or recent stuff?
8 from 2002...targeting sony vaults because those wont be on lost tapes
the other guy has yet to reply me
the ultimate seller has def jam vaults, is overcharging, and is keeping his distance, plus these aren't great buys because lost tapes 3 can include those

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
I hope that Til My Last Breath is just an error or something. Maybe the original recording or something.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
again, idk who all needs to get in here but get in here, it's starting @JustCKing @Thief's Theme @ADP @kes929 @kej718 @shawntitan @Alexander Wiggin

reference the previous posts for the play by play

pace yourselves...there's more in the vault, they are doing this 'artificial scarcity' by selling 1 by 1....

This is the newsletter I sent out with the invite. single song sale: Join the The Son of Olu Dara Discord Server!

some ground rules by the GB coordinator:

image.png

So, someone found some Nas songs from 2002 from his columbia/sony vaults

* Believe
* Crabs in A Barrel
* Hungry
* I Have Learned
* Nobody Move
* Padded Room
* Single Man In America
* Slow Movin

Unfortunately, we have to buy them to hear them, one at a time. This is for "I Have Learned": Join the The Son of Olu Dara Discord Server!

As you may know, Nas severed ties from columbia/sony, so if Lost Tapes 3 comes out tomorrow, it would be from his Def Jam vaults from 2006 onwards.

We have kept extensive tabs on what unreleased are available or rare but those ones listed have snippets and aren't AI. https://www.reddit.com/r/nas/wiki/

If you want to be a part of the process, there will be a newsletter sent out in regards to it. In the meantime, contact me or join the "general lobby" discord for now Join the Hip Hop Deluxe Discord Server! Thanks

original lost tapes cover
slanginc-21-03-2023-0002.jpg

Last edited:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
More likely them songs are already on the internet (Youtube etc) but they are just titled different...

DJ on mixtapes used to do that shyt back in the day all the time.