Official Nas Thread

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was a really good interview by Coop with Hit-Boy.. I thought it was interesting that he said when Nas records something he never takes it home and sits with it.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@shawntitan @kes929 @Alexander Wiggin
....idk who all needs to get in here but get in here

image.png

so i contacted and got a response from another seller

image.png

just a heads up....someone has 8 songs by nas from his 2002 god's son era, the fukking columbia vaults when he was lyrically on fire after stillmatic....remember? nas scrapped half his album when he was supposed to go at radio stations controlling what people were supposed to hear backed by payola, and then he made it dedicated to his mom :to:

I recognize 'crabs in a barrel' confirmed by fletch from back in the days
i thought 'single man in america' was a troll title from sohh days but i guess it's real

this is in the super early planning stages of it...no snippets yet. he's verified but it might be costly....the other guy max was selling def jam vaults from 2006-2012 but i haven't refound him, i.e. no grail sales tho...given the list, he doesn't have 'memories' or 'the toy' or 'fukk hot', etc...i think i still have to be initiated as a buyer before those songs come up for sale

i'm trying to see how many hardcore collectors want to get in on this GB

image.png

have a listen

given the prices, i put an offer in for 700 for 'i have learned'...i thought 'crabs in a barrel' was going to be an industry diss but turned out introspective. 'single man in america' does sound like nas was trying to make his king's disease valentines ep a long time ago. given the bundle deal if he accepts, it's probably going to be in the ballpark of 1500 for all 3 with the groupbuy

haven't uploaded the snippets to youtube yet...have to wait for the GB discord link and then get everyone in there

:whoo:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz

vs

vs

I love all three but I think my girl done convinced me WTF SMH is different. The bars are just:wow:

Everybody's so quick to flip or say they with the shyts
They go against someone look just like them
But when the enemy has government powers
They become cowards, they cut the tough guy shyt
When they arrest, when they come cuff your kids
They give us criminal records, because of where we live
And the money is low, and narcotics are thriving
It's evil, we diagnosed with something that's untreatable (:mjcry:)

Feel powerless, so brothers only have beef with you
So, you on your murder shyt 'cause that's what you see them do

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
@shawntitan @kes929 @Alexander Wiggin
....idk who all needs to get in here but get in here

image.png

so i contacted and got a response from another seller

image.png

just a heads up....someone has 8 songs by nas from his 2002 god's son era, the fukking columbia vaults when he was lyrically on fire after stillmatic....remember? nas scrapped half his album when he was supposed to go at radio stations controlling what people were supposed to hear backed by payola, and then he made it dedicated to his mom :to:

I recognize 'crabs in a barrel' confirmed by fletch from back in the days
i thought 'single man in america' was a troll title from sohh days but i guess it's real

this is in the super early planning stages of it...no snippets yet. he's verified but it might be costly....the other guy max was selling def jam vaults from 2006-2012 but i haven't refound him, i.e. no grail sales tho...given the list, he doesn't have 'memories' or 'the toy' or 'fukk hot', etc...i think i still have to be initiated as a buyer before those songs come up for sale

i'm trying to see how many hardcore collectors want to get in on this GB

image.png

have a listen

given the prices, i put an offer in for 700 for 'i have learned'...i thought 'crabs in a barrel' was going to be an industry diss but turned out introspective. 'single man in america' does sound like nas was trying to make his king's disease valentines ep a long time ago. given the bundle deal if he accepts, it's probably going to be in the ballpark of 1500 for all 3 with the groupbuy

haven't uploaded the snippets to youtube yet...have to wait for the GB discord link and then get everyone in there

Crabs in a Barrel sounds :wow: :whew:

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
Random question for anyone who may know

There ever been an explanation for why Columbia stopped promoting I Am after two singles in favor of rushing Nastradamus out 7 months later?

Nas Is Like dropped in March, Hate Me Now in April about same time as the album. Both singles and videos got a ton of play. Album had a huge first week. Was the #1 album two weeks in a row, rare at that time especially for hip hop albums. Continued selling well

Decision not to push a third single still make no sense. You Won't See Me Tonight there an wasy huge radio and video hit with a push if they drop it in July

Instead they don't promote I Am past the month of release and drop Nastradamus 7 months later. An album obviously uninspired and lacking quality. shyt screamed quick cash grab with no concern for long term repercussions. This Columbia just trying to get something out before Christmas? Why Nas and his team on board with this and not push back?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Random question for anyone who may know

There ever been an explanation for why Columbia stopped promoting I Am after two singles in favor of rushing Nastradamus out 7 months later?

Nas Is Like dropped in March, Hate Me Now in April about same time as the album. Both singles and videos got a ton of play. Album had a huge first week. Was the #1 album two weeks in a row, rare at that time especially for hip hop albums. Continued selling well

Decision not to push a third single still make no sense. You Won't See Me Tonight there an wasy huge radio and video hit with a push if they drop it in July

Instead they don't promote I Am past the month of release and drop Nastradamus 7 months later. An album obviously uninspired and lacking quality. shyt screamed quick cash grab with no concern for long term repercussions. This Columbia just trying to get something out before Christmas? Why Nas and his team on board with this and not push back?

Nas himself said he wanted to have the albums out so I don’t think it was Columbia as much as Nas wanted to do it for various reasons.

He said he wanted to have four albums out before the year 2000

MAYBE he saw the success DMX had the year previous and felt he could do the same thing (thats just speculation)

Either way Steve Stoute has said that Nas and the team they had built pretty much could do what they wanted at the time so Nas was one who pressed the button