[Official] Next Gen VR coming to PS5

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will say that VR and kinect while vastly different experiences, they are extremely similar.

VR is well VR and kinect was more like AR. Those are two Totally different experiences. But they actually functioned or played really similar.

Kintec was ahead of it's time and most devs weren't using it while the internet trolled about Microsoft always watching and listening to you.

Fast forward to 2021 and google knows what time I get off and the route I take and alexa is always on listening.

VR is being constantly developed for and pushed infact there are some games that are legit

I only got a small taste of the walking dead vr and it was amazing.

I hear the half life game is too.

There is no one pushing AR... So yeah that's ship has sailed as of now.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually I take some of that back AR blew up with filters and pokemon snap.

But that's pretty much the extent they've been used to out side of a few Mobile games and some handhelds here and there.

There is a tooooon of gaming potential with AR but VR is a completely immersive experience that when done right is captivating. It's a bit too much for me long full on game. And some games I just don't want to experience like that at all

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Half Life Alyx will be a huge get for sony. This game has been pretty much paywalled behind a really high end pc and VR rig and most people still haven’t even had a chance to sniff at it yet.

2d0812_e540781948a644769a0f7317a6c8dd4a~mv2.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Even with its limitations, PSVR is piff breh. Got me moving in superhot like I'm Neo. For two games, I have their regular versions and the vr versions. For driveclub, the whole game is vr and it's dope. For everybody golf, for the modes that are there, I prefer it to the regular version.

That said, I ain't paying 69.99 for some damn hot shots golf this gen Sony.

:russ:
I didn’t say it wasn’t fun. But you definitely look goofy playin :manny:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I will say that VR and kinect while vastly different experiences, they are extremely similar.

VR is well VR and kinect was more like AR. Those are two Totally different experiences. But they actually functioned or played really similar.

Kintec was ahead of it's time and most devs weren't using it while the internet trolled about Microsoft always watching and listening to you.

Fast forward to 2021 and google knows what time I get off and the route I take and alexa is always on listening.

VR is being constantly developed for and pushed infact there are some games that are legit

I only got a small taste of the walking dead vr and it was amazing.

I hear the half life game is too.

There is no one pushing AR... So yeah that's ship has sailed as of now.
All facts.

The technology behind VR, AR, and the kinect is very similar but the experience is vastly different.

I've said many times before that Microsoft was in a position to have a far better vr experience than Sony because they already had the kinect, which was better than the ps4 camera, and also the one x was a much more capable system for vr games than the ps4 pro. I don't know why they never invested in the tech when it could have given the kinect a new purpose.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
How's the quest 2? I'm going to cop that soon
its a slight resolution bump compared to the PSVR

stuff looks slightly clearer but graphical power wise its about the same. (when running games inside the headset)

I mainly grabbed it to hook it up to a PCVR exclusives and play Half Life Alyx and Boneworks (where the graphics increase based on how powerful ur pc is)

IMO the quest is the best bang for ur buck if ur looking for a decent PCVR headset

plus it wireless

(and u can sideload free games)