Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Daps
I can't believe this thread had not been created yet.

Is anyone preordering Shin Megami Tensei IV? It costs $49.99 but comes with a strategy guide and design book, a CD featuring tracks from the entire Shin Megami Tensei series, and a special case.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I think it has...haha. At least I could've sworn it was, especially when they had the shyt about being an Ambassador...unless it was on the old site.

I just copped Luigi's Mansion 2 and got Layton for free in the process. Honestly though, overall 3DS hasn't been impressing me as much as the DS did. I've spent more time copping VC games and replaying them than retail joints.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe this thread had not been created yet.

Is anyone preordering Shin Megami Tensei IV? It costs $49.99 but comes with a strategy guide and design book, a CD featuring tracks from the entire Shin Megami Tensei series, and a special case.

:ld:

I may pick it up. I need something to play on this system. Only 3DS game I've bought on it was OoT

Daps
I just copped Luigi's Mansion 2 and got Layton for free in the process. Honestly though, overall 3DS hasn't been impressing me as much as the DS did. I've spent more time copping VC games and replaying them than retail joints.

:ld:

I may pick it up. I need something to play on this system. Only 3DS game I've bought on it was OoT

I only had Ocarina until recently also. I just picked up Star Fox, Mario Kart, and Super Mario 3D Land. I don't recommend Star Fox because I am a huge fan of the original and the remake feels "off" to me. I haven't really played Mario Kart enough yet to form an opinion, but Super Mario is excellent.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I only had Ocarina until recently also. I just picked up Star Fox, Mario Kart, and Super Mario 3D Land. I don't recommend Star Fox because I am a huge fan of the original and the remake feels "off" to me. I haven't really played Mario Kart enough yet to form an opinion, but Super Mario is excellent.

Is it Star Fox that requires you to use a stylus? If so, yeah :whoa:. System is hard enough to hold for an extended time on it's own :guilty: . I was looking at getting Paper Mario but the reviews wasn't as hot as I was expecting. Is 3D Land like Galaxy?

EDIT: Nevermind it's Kid Icarus I'm thinking of that uses the stylus I think

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
3D land is excellent...NSMB 2 was okay...that coin collecting gimmick was wack.

If you guys buy eShop shyt, I copped Fractured Soul while it was on sale, good game...and Mighty Switch Force is good too.

I'm fiending for that Ace Attorney 5

Daps
Is it Star Fox that requires you to use a stylus? If so, yeah :whoa:. System is hard enough to hold for an extended time on it's own :guilty: . I was looking at getting Paper Mario but the reviews wasn't as hot as I was expecting. Is 3D Land like Galaxy?

EDIT: Nevermind it's Kid Icarus I'm thinking of that uses the stylus I think

In Star Fox you can use gyro controls if you want to but I never tried them. And yes the system makes my hands hurt and my hands aren't even that large. I have heard that the 3DS XL is better for that but I don't want to buy another system and the screens are larger but less sharp than on the original. I also have the problem where the edges of the bottom screen scratch the top screen, but I don't notice it while games are playing.

Besides the fact that Galaxy and 3D Land are both 3D Mario platformers, they are not really that much alike. 3D Land is more like original Super Mario and New Super Mario where your objective is to get to the end of the level, not going to a world where there are multiple stars or gems to collect. The game is not very hard but the platforming is super fun and the music is great.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alternating between Persona 4 Golden on the PS Vita and Fire Emblem: Awakening on the 3DS.

Definitely getting Shin Megami Tensei 4 even though I'm a little disappointed that the battles aren't in 3rd person.

My main gripe about the 3DS is the eshop. Everything about the eshop sucks.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved Fire Emblem: Awakening. It was the first game that I'd played in the series.

This.

Do yourselves a favor my nikkas.
Pick up Fire Emblem: Awakening. It will replenish your mind and body.... aight maybe not your body but at least your spirit.