• The Avengers

Results are only viewable after voting.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I finally saw Guardians the other day. Cool movie, but I just can't see where all of the hype was coming from. Avengers was a groundbreaking moment in comic book films if you don't count the Nolan Batman films. I'd honestly put Iron Man 1 ahead of Guardians.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
:mindblown: at people saying GOTG is top 3 of the best comic book movies of all time. I thought it was average and didn't want to see it again after. Avengers was better imo, maybe because my theater had one of the best audiences out of all my times going to the movies. No one spoke when it was quiet but they cheered when shyt was going down and the majority of the crowd were teens and college kids :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
GOTG.....Something about the Avengers just bored the fukk out of me.The cinematography wasn't epic enough.Felt like a TV show.All the scenes on the helicarrier especially had me :yawn:

And although the Ronan fight was the corniest/cheesiest scene in both movies, overall, I thought the character interaction/humor in GOTG totally shytted on The Avengers.

Whedon's writing/attempts at humor comes off a lil too sissified/nerdy for my taste...all that back and forth sassy sarcasm shyt like a woman.

I see you Whedon:scust:(He does think outside the box and is pretty good when it comes to story development, tho)

GOTG for me.

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
The Avengers is a certified classic, but I gotta go with Guardians of the Galaxy. The character interaction, the soundtrack and natural, unforced comedy gives it the edge for me. As good as the Avengers was people forget the first hour was kind of a snooze fest.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Avengers is overrated as fukk and nowhere near classic.

GOTG wins especially wit non-mainstream characters most people didn't know existed.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Avengers. Sure it's a slow starter (a very, very slow starter) but once it gets going it's better than GotG, which is one of the most overrated movies of the past couple years.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Personally Guardians of the Galaxy is a classic I can tell I'll be watching for years. Right now it's the go to movie when I'm looking to throw something on or go to sleep. Avengers had some cool action but I knew they were gonna be ok and perfect the whole movie.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Guardians for me... it was total excitement & comedy from the beginning... i love the soundtrack & character development was on point... people still dont get the "Dance Contest" that stopped Ronan was goin back to the great hero Kevin Bacon speech he gave Gamora??? Drax is my favorite so i was worried, but Batista was on point... him & Rocket were great... the comedy wasnt forced, even serious moments were funny... didnt need numerous movies for hype... gotta say Guardians probably my favotite MCU movie so far... that action in Winter Soldier on point & i guess im in the minority Punisher: Warzone was better than the other movie... Drax & Rocket got quotes...

Quill: "theres another name you might know me by"....... dramatic pause.... "Starlord" :leostare:
Korath: "Who???" :what:
Me: :snoop:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Avengers, even when it first came out, I always felt it being vastly overrated. The main reason Avengers got the hype that it obtained was because it was people were waiting for Superheros franchises to meet in one large spectacle. And Wheedon succeeded in that. But aside from the decent chemistry of some (not all, because Hawkeye as well as Black Widow just didn't mesh) and the Hulk scene stealers and of course the after credit scenes, the movie as a whole was a total MESS. Everything about that movie makes my head hurt. I don't knock others love for the film, but it's not something I find nor have any desire to want to watch repeatedly.

GotG however, it wasn't perfect storywise due to Disney/Marvel's knack of not taking chances when it comes to storytelling, but it is without question the MOST entertaining Marvel film since the 1st Ironman, and may arguably be BETTER than Ironman. There's very little I can complain about the film, all the characters had chemistry, it was fucckin' hilarious, and it was almost self-aware not to be taken seriously. And THAT SOUNDTRACK :wow: