Official Ramadan 2018 Thread

Yung Pharaoh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
_____
It's that time of the year again. Ramadan lasts for around 29/30 days every year. It's the 9th month of the Islamic calendar and alters on when it occurs in comparison to the regular calendar. Over the years it gradually shifts from the summer to the winter. In the last few years it has been during the summer where the sun is up the longest whereas compared to the winter you fast the shortest time.

During Ramadan, a Muslim fasts for the entire period between sunrise and sunset. You fast from eating, drinking, smoking and sex. You're also encouraged to give as much charity and aid to the poor or less well-off people in your community. The entire process is to humble one-self. You try to be as good of a Muslim as you can.

Even though I've been struggling with the deen lately imma be fasting as much as I can. I hope y'all have a blessed month and a good fast Muslim brehs:win:

Last edited:

Yung Pharaoh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
_____
who 1-starred this thread? :laff: i dont care for religion but some of u need to relax
:russ: Probably some sorry ass nikka. I personally don't really care about religion all that much, but this time of year I just fast out of nostalgia and to hold on to any hope if I'm ever gonna be religious again. I'm usually against organised religion so I get why someone might 1 star this :mjlol:

But it's Ramadan brehs:wow::wow::blessed:

Yung Pharaoh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
_____
Hope this thread picks up. Don't know how many akhs are on thecoli :ld: It's been confirmed to start tomorrow. I might hit up Taraweeh prayer one of these nights or this weekend. I remember last year when that terrorist cac ran a van into those akhis that were coming out of prayer over here in London. I hope things stay safe this year. Here's anything else you need to know about this upcoming Ramadan: When is Ramadan and why do Muslims fast?

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Not religious myself but I've always found parts of it interesting - especially the concept of ramadan. I remember there being a big thread on it a couple of years ago on here which i found pretty informative

OFFICIAL RAMADAN 2016 THREAD (NO TROLLS OR ISLAMOPHOBES ALLOWED)

Good luck brehs and brehettes :salute:

I've thought about trying it myself.... well maybe a lite version but man couldn't do a summer one. No water.. :picard:

Yung Pharaoh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
_____
Good looks on the thread breh @Yung Pharaoh

I know you’re struggling but the fact you’re even participating is great :blessed:

I’m still learning/struggling with the deen but may our will be greater than our sins
Ameen akhi. I'll utilise this month as much as I can to get back into the deen as much as possible :blessed: