Official Ramadan 2018 Thread

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Not religious myself but I've always found parts of it interesting - especially the concept of ramadan. I remember there being a big thread on it a couple of years ago on here which i found pretty informative

OFFICIAL RAMADAN 2016 THREAD (NO TROLLS OR ISLAMOPHOBES ALLOWED)

Good luck brehs and brehettes :salute:

I've thought about trying it myself.... well maybe a lite version but man couldn't do a summer one. No water.. :picard:

Some brehs fast 19 hours a day up in northern Europe :wow:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Ameen akhi. I'll utilise this month as much as I can to get back into the deen as much as possible :blessed:

Come home breh :mjcry:

May Allah guide you and all of us to the right path :wow:

Focus on building that relationship with God and pray to Him for guidance and peace. Do it sincerely from the bottom of your heart. If you focus on that, everything else will fall into place insha Allah. Do what you can, even if it's little and try to stay consistent.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
1orl4CR.jpg

Ug35NiV.jpg

Karb

Veteran
Daps
It’s my first Ramadan Ahks and Ukhti’s :blessed:

I’m so excited but also slightly anxious :lupe:

@Turk Imma need some advice breh regarding Iftar/Ramadan for reverts if you have time.

@Karbaash Best of luck my brother and hope you are well :salute:

Aameen brother, hope you are well too :salute:

The month passes by so fast.. get the most out of it bro. Make your own little routine, go to taraweeh as much as possible and make a lot of Dua for yourself, your family and everyone else :wow:

Last year went by so fast, I remember when it was time for Eid I was kinda depressed that Ramadan was gone :mjcry:

Usually the time right after Ramadan is the most productive time of the year for me tho:wow:

All that discipline and spiritual energy you've accumulated over the month is just powerful :wow:

Aimé

Verified
Daps
I'll be checking for this thread..
due to private reasons I am not permitted to actually fast without the absence of food and water.
so I'll be fasting but also have some water at certain times in the day.
Inshallah we will gain knowledge and understanding of ourselves during the holy month!
Ramadan Kareem!

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I remember my muslim friends used to not give a fukk and would still play in our football games and be outside all day while doing ramadan. My gambian friend fainted in the middle of the street on his way home once and some random people found him and called an ambulance.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I'll be checking for this thread..
due to private reasons I am not permitted to actually fast without the absence of food and water.
so I'll be fasting but also have some water at certain times in the day.
Inshallah we will gain knowledge and understanding of ourselves during the holy month!
Ramadan Kareem!

If fasting will severely impact your health and your doctor advises against it, then it is Haram for you to fast.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I did not know about that.
last Ramadan was the first time I fasted without food but with water.. 3 times a day..
wallahi it was do able

You should consult with your doctor bro. It's forbidden for you to fast if it will negatively impact your health. There are other ways for you to participate in the blessings tho such as feeding the poor, praying Taraweeh. Fasting from food is only one component of Ramadan. You can still fast from foul speech, bad thoughts and habits etc.. aside from abstaining from sexual intercourse during the day (if you're married).

and insha Allah you will get rewarded for your intention of wanting to fast either way.