Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah. It's pretty funny but I don't blame sony/marvel.

If this film doesn't blow away the asm films in box office it's going to be considered a failure and I'm going to be pissed that we had to throw away the asm films on the basis of they didn't make enough money only for this not to do gangbusters.

Anything less than a billion is a failure. That's why they're leaning on Mr. Billion iron man.

I predicted it would be the highest grossing cbm of the year :lupe: but my Spidey bias may be blinding me.

I honestly don't think they're shooting for a billion as ridiculous as that sounds. Well it does so let me rephrase lol: if they don't hit a billion I don't think they'll bat an eyelash. The movie costs less than amazing 2 so I really don't know why their expectations are but they do expect to make more of it with a higher ROI

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Nah man spidey back in the MCU should do a billy easy especially all parties involved thats the only way the partnership can eat. I mean the double entendre of the title homecoming says it all. Just spidey saying he would love to meet the hulk or thor in a movie is enough to make nerds jizz
Yeah that's why I said anything less than a billion is a failure.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
200.gif

Oh boy..... what to do?

Martha

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I honestly don't think they're shooting for a billion as ridiculous as that sounds. Well it does so let me rephrase lol: if they don't hit a billion I don't think they'll bat an eyelash. The movie costs less than amazing 2 so I really don't know why their expectations are but they do expect to make more of it with a higher ROI
You know the budget?

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

If certain people heard you say that....

They gonna say you "copping pleas" then call you a bytch for some strange reason and all kind of names or personal attacks that have nothing to do with nothing

giphy.gif

Martha

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You know the budget?

Deadline reported it the other night when tracking hit.

It's an estimate but they say "upper 100" so that could be 150 or 190 or anywhere in between:

Homecoming is an important reboot of Spider-Man: For Sony, it’s third time’s a charm with the franchise following the original Sam Raimi reboots and the lesser so Marc Webb Amazing Spider-Mans from 2012 and 2014 (though the latter did still clear a $70M profit after all ancillaries). Amazing Spider-Man 2 cost before P&A $255M and Homecoming is considerably less in the upper $100M range similar to other Marvel titles. Sony really needs a mega hit, its last live-action one arguably being 2015’s Spectre ($200M stateside, $880.8M worldwide). All together, Sony’s five Spider-Man movies have grossed $3.96 billion at the worldwide box office. Jon Watts, the director of the Kevin Bacon indie film Cop Car, helmed Homecoming.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If certain people heard you say that....

They gonna say you "copping pleas" then call you a bytch for some strange reason and all kind of names or personal attacks that have nothing to do with nothing

giphy.gif

Martha
Or..yeah why am I bothering lol. Troll on breh I keep forgetting we do this shyt differently. Do you :russ:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Must be a Canada thing.

VIP is 19+,recliner seating,they serve alcohol and restaurant quality food to your seat by waiters.

I'm sure you have something similar down in the states.

Yeah we have that but it's for specific theaters smh. The amc im going to won't have that. But if I went to Alamo or ipic I'd get the service with a smile and possibly a blanket

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Deadline reported it the other night when tracking hit.

It's an estimate but they say "upper 100" so that could be 150 or 190 or anywhere in between:

Homecoming is an important reboot of Spider-Man: For Sony, it’s third time’s a charm with the franchise following the original Sam Raimi reboots and the lesser so Marc Webb Amazing Spider-Mans from 2012 and 2014 (though the latter did still clear a $70M profit after all ancillaries). Amazing Spider-Man 2 cost before P&A $255M and Homecoming is considerably less in the upper $100M range similar to other Marvel titles. Sony really needs a mega hit, its last live-action one arguably being 2015’s Spectre ($200M stateside, $880.8M worldwide). All together, Sony’s five Spider-Man movies have grossed $3.96 billion at the worldwide box office. Jon Watts, the director of the Kevin Bacon indie film Cop Car, helmed Homecoming.
Hmm. So nothing concrete. Probably 160-190 range. Seems plausible.

But that's the thing alluded to in the article. Sony needs a hit and badly. They didn't blow everything up (again) just to make a small amount more. They need this to be a big hit.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hmm. So nothing concrete. Probably 160-190 range. Seems plausible.

But that's the thing alluded to in the article. Sony needs a hit and badly. They didn't blow everything up (again) just to make a small amount more. They need this to be a big hit.

Yup. Cause then it looks like a short term play on their part.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well I hope it's a big hit. Like I said,I'm still mad I'm not seeing asm continue but if it's great film that makes more and that venom flick is the same I'll get over it quickly.

That's how I feel. I want it to rock first and foremost. I'll find out Friday how my boy feels and he's in the same boat. He liked what amazing was doing and where it was going but he's not opposed to the change. There's shyt he's seen on set he likes and shyt he's apprehensive about. Like the suit and it having ai lol. But he's also willing to go with it if it tells a good story so yeah he's excited

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Or..yeah why am I bothering lol. Troll on breh I keep forgetting we do this shyt differently. Do you :russ:

I'm not the one trolling here... but interesting you bring that up cuz:ehh:

The funny thing about this thread is if it was me or my other self @wire28 or some of the other boys shytting on dc films and posted this link about Terrific Thot before it dropped, that thread would be full of Warner Brother cultists, dapping each other, posting angry hateful post, and the same exact posters agreeing about the OP would have bytching and mad

Because trolling is fine when it's against Marvel and Spidey not even sacred, but say anything about DC and they're right there to :cape:

Always funny to see the fake Clark Kents people that only ever bytch when it's about one side, but have absolutely nothing to say when it's the other.:hubie:

A seriously.... cats could've posted that Wonder Woman Box Office Tracking Predicts Lowest Opening for a DCEU Movie Yet thread back then but brehs actually talked about it and was like "na, dont do that, let it live"

But I only brought that up cuz you mention trolling and I thought that was ironic:yeshrug:

I'm 100% with you man, you're my friend:francis:

Martha

Last edited: