Official Student Debt Cancellation Watch Thread

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got an email earlier saying this shyt:
"We have received your application but are not permitted to review your eligibility because of ongoing litigation. We will keep your application information and review your eligibility if and when we prevail in court."

:mjcry:

fukking hate this country
Im not even be facetious when i say this, but you can leave. You have a college degree which is pretty much all you need to go to better nation. I have had colleagues who took their degrees and dashed to greener pastures in better societies. One is living out his civill engineering dreams in scottland of all places. Another got germany to pay for his masters in electrical engineering and ignored US debt. And the last one moved off to japan(albiet, he only used his degree to get a foot in the door but chose a different career path once he arrived.)

And the only countries with our same credit bureau(s) are australia and Canada; so you pretty much get a fresh start abroad. Id compare it to how indians or south koreans dont start the immigration journey at the bottom like mexicans , but rather their degrees immediately place them in a comfortable environment in their new country.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
If Trump cancelled student loans, we would have already had the loans cancelled and there would be no lawsuits.

Just like Trump had to get credit for criminal justice reform because the same GOP that backed Trump criminal justice reform refused to support Obama's criminal justice proposals during his last two years in office.

Republicans only want shyt if they can get credit for it.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
i really think that was all in the plan...i'm so cynical of our government, i don't think most dems wanted debt relief to go through either, but they get a hell of an optics win from "well...we tried 🤷🏽‍♀️"
I always felt that way but didn’t want to say it. Like there was stronger legal ground they could’ve gone on.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
You didn't think the party that tried to overthrow the government would fight to stop loan forgiveness for poor and minorities?
nikka did you wait months later to question why I didn’t think Republicans would do this in a midterm election where we just saw young people cancel our baby boomers in states like Wisconsin and save Democrats?

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
nikka did you wait months later to question why I didn’t think Republicans would do this in a midterm election where we just saw young people cancel our baby boomers in states like Wisconsin and save Democrats?
:what: what are you trying to say? The GOP has fought helping the American people all the way up to and after the midterms

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
:what: what are you trying to say? The GOP has fought helping the American people all the way up to and after the midterms
Fam, go do your background reading and stop this. HL non-regulars love pulling up out of nowhere without context and then expect everyone to recap months of discussion. I gave the one second response to a post that was frankly pretty shallow and ignorant of politics. This isn’t the gotcha that you think it is.