ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
So we've gone from

He only makes mob movies

to

His mob movies are the only ones that get love

to

If you ask an average person what movies they think of when they think of him they would be mob movies.

:unimpressed:

Yes, I've made multiple points, those are the ones your choosing to harp on....go ahead..:yeshrug:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
"The Dark Knight Rises" was terrible man. Not just in his filmography....it's legit an awful movie.

Fred.
He tried to recreate a story that was already written in an Alan Moore sense and messed it up. If he would've made Robin, dikk Grayson instead of Batman and tweaked Bane's character in a supernatural sense, the movie would've been epic but too much realism killed it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This guy attempting to do sports analogies when in many ways Scorsese helped invent the sport. Directors like Mann and Nolan are inspired by Scorsese. Just as Scorsese was inspired by those who came before him. They are all at the elite level of film making.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
So y’all really about to turn this into another old white racist love fest. Just make a thread dedicated to that old nikka and talk about him there.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
My takeaway from this thread is that Nolan has gotten so repetitive people would much rather talk about Scorsese. And I can't blame them. :manny:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
So y’all really about to turn this into another old white racist love fest. Just make a thread dedicated to that old nikka and talk about him there.
The race topics are just childish. It's about critiquing the movies in general and what and what doesn't work. I'm simply just tired of it all.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
My takeaway from this thread is that Nolan has gotten so repetitive people would much rather talk about Scorsese. And I can't blame them. :manny:
I find Scorsese more repetitive but he does really good in his lane like Fiege does with comic book movies. It's just a bit hypocritical for him since he's known for mob movies. Someone like Nolan, Mann, Fincher, Coogler, Spielberg, Cameron have a much larger variety of work. There's a specific audience that Scorsese targets like there's a specific target audience that Fiege targets.

Edit: in the same sense, I'll watch a MCU, DC and Scorsese film as long as it interest me. My whole bias was initially in the FOX vs Marvel/Disney deal in which I'm happy because I hated all them FOX X-Men films.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Finally watched I was trying to resist but couldn't any longer :wow:I think this is going to be a combination of time travel and some type of parallel universe or timelines. They can possibly interfere and intersect at points somehow maybe? shyt I have no idea man:wow::wow::wow:Also, this comes out 5 days before my birthday for the big Three-Oh as well @Zero :wow::wow::wow:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Amended. All of his movies have the same tone

Then again. So do Nolan's.

If there’s one consistent theme to Scorsese’s films it’s Catholic guilt.

but to say that he only makes mob movies or that his mob movies are the only films in his catalog that get critical praise are both blatantly false statements.