Official T E N E T Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He tried to recreate a story that was already written in an Alan Moore sense and messed it up. If he would've made Robin, dikk Grayson instead of Batman and tweaked Bane's character in a supernatural sense, the movie would've been epic but too much realism killed it.

I can see that but it wasn't terrible. Just coming off TDK, it was gonna be too hard to surpass regardless. I do think he messed up grounding the series in reality though. Bane WAS flames despite the way he went out.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The funniest part about that aspect of criticism is that they're ALL white.

Ol "my white man is better than yours" ass dudes :dead:
don't know why this just hit me:russ:

I can see that but it wasn't terrible. Just coming off TDK, it was gonna be too hard to surpass regardless. I do think he messed up grounding the series in reality though. Bane WAS flames despite the way he went out.

Not to get too much into a discussion on a movie that's almost 10 years old and we've discussed to death, but the main issues with dark knight rises are all story and Nolan disobeying rules he setup for the first two movies. He takes leaps of logic he didn't take before, he shortcuts story beats for the sake of being epic, he has a third act twists that makes no sense and isn't even needed and also has no impact on anyone in the movie or the audience. And yes, undercuts his big bad villain with said twist that serves no one.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The funniest part about that aspect of criticism is that they're ALL white.

Ol "my white man is better than yours" ass dudes :dead:

Disney literally has an executive that was outed as at the least having white supremacist type views and they'll be the ones in here with Mickey Mouse emojis stanning a company they don't work for, shyts weird

But before this strays too far I didn't bother to go to IMAX to watch Star Wars. one of my brehs said the TENET prologue was piff.. did anyone here see the prologue?? :lupe:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Disney literally has an executive that was outed as at the least having white supremacist type views and they'll be the ones in here with Mickey Mouse emojis stanning a company they don't work for, shyts weird

But before this strays too far I didn't bother to go to IMAX to watch Star Wars. one of my brehs said the TENET prologue was piff.. did anyone here see the prologue?? :lupe:
I did. It’s dope. Lol that’s the most I can say is it’s dope. It’s just a scene from the movie and sets up some of the weird stuff but really doesn’t give you much

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
don't know why this just hit me:russ:

Not to get too much into a discussion on a movie that's almost 10 years old and we've discussed to death, but the main issues with dark knight rises are all story and Nolan disobeying rules he setup for the first two movies. He takes leaps of logic he didn't take before, he shortcuts story beats for the sake of being epic, he has a third act twists that makes no sense and isn't even needed and also has no impact on anyone in the movie or the audience. And yes, undercuts his big bad villain with said twist that serves no one.
I legit get into an argument every single time I meet up with one of my friends over the dark knight rises. He loves it and I hate it. I tried to get him to explain away the plot holes without using the phrase "because he's batman!" and he literally cant. Love the first 2 movies, can't stand the last one for exactly what you detailed

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I legit get into an argument every single time I meet up with one of my friends over the dark knight rises. He loves it and I hate it. I tried to get him to explain away the plot holes without using the phrase "because he's batman!" and he literally cant. Love the first 2 movies, can't stand the last one for exactly what you detailed

Yeah the "he's batman" argument would be fine if the first two movies established that. But Nolan wanted it all to be real and have an explanation for everything. Sooooo you gotta maintain that