Official The Matrix Resurrections Thread

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Easily the worst movie I've seen this year. On par with Mortal Kombat.

There was nothing intelligent about what the Wachowski who did this movie tried to accomplish. The references were being beat into your head.

After seeing this, it is clear that they hand their hands held throughout the first movie. They are not talented enough to reproduce or come close to the first film.

The machine civil war would have been a layup for the concept and direction to drive this in.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I called Trinity being another 1? or 0.5? whatever, a long time ago when I heard they were making a fourth. Considering said Wachowski bro, was now identifying as a woman, I just put the pieces together, that he was gonna make it too woke and give Trinity some kind of power...even worse, he stole from the movie Hancock and had it so; together, him and trinity are more powerful...(In Hancock this was the reverse-together they became more mortal). Honestly, that's pure anime, so I let it pass, but how pretentiously meta it is, just killed everything for me. The writing was the purest definition of lame, uneventful, tired, and filled with member-berries. Also making Morpheus the comedic sidekick was just the nail in the coffin.

The sad part is that there's some seriously story with everything else, the background characters, the synthetics who learn to work with humans and even switch sides, had faint traces of The Animatrix, but it wasn't explored in the movie beyond; "hey they help us make strawberries". All the cool/informative parts that were either questions or answers in the Animatrix, were just a tease in this film.

Then there's Neo....somehow losing all his powers but force push, which he never had to begin with, and he's essentially just there for nostalgia. Hard to believe this was the same director....but those hormone treatments will fukk anyone up....started with Cowboy Bebop, ends with the Matrix....

5/10

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Yeah... If they could turn the Matrix from Humans vs. Machines in a simulation to Human & AI Trying to Save the Real Planet that could be something fresh.

I think the inherent problem is for the Matrix franchise to go forward. They would have to essentially stop having the Matrix simulation be a focal point of the films. Otherwise... You kind of stuck in the Terminator loop of just rehashing Judgement Day(The Matrix in this case).

There is really no way to bring back the Matrix in a fresh way that doesn't involve a complete reboot.

Anthologies ala the Animatrix, are perfect. It answered a few things, but left room for more questions. We also got to see various artistic representations from different directors. No surprise Star Wars did the same thing. It simply works. Even then, it needs less member-berries and more of what made the originals great. George Millers; Fury Road is a perfect example. A visionary masterpiece, with clever writing, the story is no longer about Max....we had that 4 times already (included the video game), instead, its a movie about Furiosa, with Max in it. Then there's the backdrops, epic scenes, etc. Miller knew he had to come back harder. Wachowski bro, just felt the need to pander and go full blown feminazi...if the line "Can't you control her?" wasn't enough to cringe, the female cover of RATM's Wake up, is.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
finally sat down and watched this...it was ok for what it was if this was your first matrix movie....if it wasnt this shyt fell so fukking far from the OG...there were plenty of things they could have explored in this shyt but didnt go anywhere....this was a cash grab flick...dont see myself watching this again

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's alarming that this was done by the same people behind the original trilogy. Like... how?

As if the exposition throughout the movie wasn't basic enough, they really mixed in flashback clips from the other films to coincide with what the characters were referencing. Felt amateurish for a franchise like The Matrix to be edited in such a way.

Great movie up put on late at night if you're having a hard time sleeping.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Finally saw this with cinemas opening up again, I fukks with it. I prefer this to be the last movie for the saga over Revolutions, all-day everyday.

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Didn’t the directors get sued by a black woman who claimed they used her book for the entire story?? What ever happened with that? Might make more since as to why the storytelling got exposed more and more as these movies went on

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Russ-Troll_medium.gif