Daps
Reppin
NULL

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah they are right about this one. Neither men nor women care all that much for women action/superhero movies. It’s like if a studio decided to make Romantic comedies for men. That shyt wouldn’t work either.
The first Captain Marvel made $1 billion

The first Wonder Woman made $822 million

Black Panther Wakanda Forever made $870 million

All female-led films. The issue is not that the films are woman focused but the combination of Marvel and Superhero movies in general being on a cold steak, 2023 being a year full of flopped blockbusters and the SAG strike making it near impossible to promote these movies.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first Captain Marvel made $1 billion

The first Wonder Woman made $822 million

Black Panther Wakanda Forever made $870 million

All female-led films. The issue is not that the films are woman focused but the combination of Marvel and Superhero movies in general being on a cold steak, 2023 being a year full of flopped blockbusters and the SAG strike making it near impossible to promote these movies.

But look at the follow ups.

Wonder Woman 84 made $170 million.

The follow up to Captain Marvel is about to flop.

Black Panther 2 had momentum from the first one.

The comic book fan base has always been predominantly male. Disney/DC has been trying to expand that fan base for their own financial gain and sometimes it works when the movies are organic, but fail horribly when the shamelessly pander.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But look at the follow ups.

Wonder Woman 84 made $170 million.

The follow up to Captain Marvel is about to flop.

Black Panther 2 had momentum from the first one.

The comic book fan base has always been predominantly male. Disney/DC has been trying to expand that fan base for their own financial gain and sometimes it works when the movies are organic, but fail horribly when the shamelessly pander.
Wonder woman 1984 came out during the pandemic and was released the same day on max

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nah they are right about this one. Neither men nor women care all that much for women action/superhero movies. It’s like if a studio decided to make Romantic comedies for men. That shyt wouldn’t work either.

Preview and other marketing has looked fukking horrible, has nothing to do with it being female-led.

Though it is true that a bad male-led Marvel movie has a higher floor than a bad female-led Marvel movie. There are certain comic book incels who will watch any male-led Marvel movie no matter how bad it is, but then would skip out on this film. But if it were good, that wouldn't matter.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Seeing these dudes cheer on Dave Chappelle literally say he’s punching down on Disabled / trans folks on some “you sound triggered lib” really solidified it. This place always been transphobic it ain’t that, but it’s the nature of cheering on straight up cruelty.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Seeing these dudes cheer on Dave Chappelle literally say he’s punching down on Disabled / trans folks on some “you sound triggered lib” really solidified it. This place always been transphobic it ain’t that, but it’s the nature of cheering on straight up cruelty.
I just saw he dropped a new special recently. You're telling me he's still going at trans people? That's fukking crazy. He's becoming a niche comedian at this point.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I just saw he dropped a new special recently. You're telling me he's still going at trans people? That's fukking crazy. He's becoming a niche comedian at this point.
Dave has a strong stand point about trans. I see nothing wrong with it. I agree that they are mentally ill folks. I dont mind them playing dress up but if u going into the same restroom as my little girl, thats a problem.

Anyways, TLR is only good for dap fishing.

Daps

One thing that finally dawned on me and made me permanently bush TLR (not that I ever spent much time there anyway. Just lurked occassionally with a rare post here and there), was realizing that alot of those posters are REALLY young. You can tell they just follow the crowd and want to belong and haven't matured.

The cruelty and constant need to demean "others", the dap fishing, race baiting, redpill bullshyt all speaks to that.

TRL is just a decaf 4*ch*n at this point.