Official Trump Corruption Thread: Trump is mixing business with politics

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
:hubie: Its one thing to rent a 2 story private residence on wallaby street

Its a completely different thing from a logistical and certainly financial standpoint to rent a floor in a luxury high rise in one of the busiest areas on earth.
Oh i hear you . when i first heard the story i was :francis: at the thought of the secret service paying for rent.

I was watching CNN this morning and and a cac bish was interviewing a rep from the secret service about this topic. When he said its normal for the secret service to rent out space i was :ohhh: i had no idea.

Now lets be honest in this situation . . It.is his legit home. Just so happens its in a luxury hotel. i would assume Trump would eat that high cost or at least give them a discount . but if he does not..:yeshrug:

The precedent has been set. it may look crazy but its what it is.

Oh and the rep from the SS said there was no plans to rent a whole floor . He said that they have never actually had to do that and sees no reason why they will need that in this instance. if i can find a link i will post it.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh i hear you . when i first heard the story i was :francis: at the thought of the secret service paying for rent.

I was watching CNN this morning and and a cac bish was interviewing a rep from the secret service about this topic. When he said its normal for the secret service to rent out space i was :ohhh: i had no idea.

Now lets be honest in this situation . . It.is his legit home. Just so happens its in a luxury hotel. i would assume Trump would eat that high cost or at least give them a discount . but if he does not..:yeshrug:

The precedent has been set. it may look crazy but its what it is.

Oh and the rep from the SS said there was no plans to rent a whole floor . He said that they have never actually had to do that and sees no reason why they will need that in this instance. if i can find a link i will post it.
:ehh: Ill wait till shyt is in writing.

People will say anything

:wow: People still stuck on trump being an altruistic figure

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

ExxonMobil and Iran did business under Secretary of State nominee Tillerson
Oren Dorell

The transactions included $53.2 million in sales to Iran over three years.

ExxonMobil did business with Iran, Syria and Sudan through a European subsidiary while President-elect Donald Trump’s nominee for secretary of State was a top executive of the oil giant and those countries were under U.S. sanctions as state sponsors of terrorism, Securities and Exchange Commission filings show.

That business connection is likely to surface Wednesday at a confirmation hearing for ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

The sales were conducted in 2003, 2004 and 2005 by Infineum, in which ExxonMobil owned a 50% share, according to SEC documents unearthed by American Bridge, a Democratic research group.

ExxonMobil told USA TODAY the transactions were legal because Infineum, a joint venture with Shell Corporation, was based in Europe and the transactions did not involve any U.S. employees.

The filings, from 2006, show that the company had $53.2 million in sales to Iran, $600,000 in sales to Sudan and $1.1 million in sales to Syria during those three years.

He became a senior vice president at ExxonMobil in August 2001, president and director in March 2004 and chairman and chief executive on Jan. 1, 2006.

The SEC letter questioned ExxonMobil’s failure to disclose to shareholders that it had transactions with three state sponsors of terrorism. Decisions to make such disclosures should be based on “the potential impact of corporate activities upon a company`s reputation and share value,” and not simply the monetary value of the transactions, the SEC said.

Compared to Exxon’s overall annual revenue of $371 billion, “these transactions are not material by any reasonable measure,” Richard Gutman, ExxonMobil’s assistant general counsel at the time, wrote in response to an SEC inquiry regarding the transactions. He did not address the SEC's concerns about the impact on the oil company's reputation

Infineum’s European affiliates manage business transactions in those three countries “under a policy and procedure consistent with U.S. legal requirements and no United States person is involved in those business transactions,” Gutman wrote. The subsidiary has offices in the United States, United Kingdom and Singapore.

“These are all legal activities complying with the sanctions at the time," Alan Jeffries, media manager at ExxonMobil, told USA TODAY. "We didn’t feel they were material because of the size of the transactions.”

“They (Infineum) have an independent management that operates the entity. And it’s not a U.S. entity,” Jeffries said.

Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, the ranking Democrat on the Foreign Relations panel, said he was “deeply skeptical about Mr. Tillerson’s actions as CEO of Exxon that were in direct contravention to express United States policies put in place to secure Americans and our country."

"Finding loopholes to make lucrative business deals with geo-political adversaries, while showing no clear regard for U.S. national interests, is not a resume builder for a prospective diplomat-in-chief," Menendez said in a statement to USA TODAY. "This is one of the many issues I look forward to hearing more about during the upcoming confirmation hearings.”

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
C1w6nhWXcAA1EQx.jpg