Official UFC 169: Barao vs Faber & Aldo vs Lamas Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
And if I am Dana, I would try to convince Aldo and Barao to move up(more so Aldo) They both have cleaned out their division. Barao has beaten the best challenger twice now. It doesn't make since for him to fight a one legged Cruz. The bantaweight division is trash. Have Barao move up and set up a tourney. Same with Aldo. Have him move up to 155lb so he can fight Pettis and let Swanson, Mendes, Barao, Edgar, etc duke it out

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
"I was giving a thumbs up :noah: "

Like the ref was supposed to see that shyt :childplease:
They had to zoom in to even catch that thumbs up on the HD replay :shaq2:

And if I am Dana, I would try to convince Aldo and Barao to move up(more so Aldo) They both have cleaned out their division. Barao has beaten the best challenger twice now. It doesn't make since for him to fight a one legged Cruz. The bantaweight division is trash. Have Barao move up and set up a tourney. Same with Aldo. Have him move up to 155lb so he can fight Pettis and let Swanson, Mendes, Barao, etc duke it out
If Barao moves up, there is no reason for a tourney. Why the fukk would he move up unless it was for an instant title shot?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Really happy Barao and Aldo won. I thought they both would. I did expect Aldo to finish the fight, and it looks like he's a little more calculated than he used to be. But he's pretty much the perfect fighter, and Pettis is the only person I think I'm really excited to see Aldo fight right now.

Glad Barao is finally getting his props. Cruz should've had to vacate a long time ago. Faber is really classy, I'm a big fan. 17 unanswered shots and 3 knock downs, but that was a bad stoppage. Oh well. Faber wasn't gonna win.

I was surprised Mir didn't get finished, but now that he's 0-4, I think he should consider hanging them up. He got rocked tonight.

Trujilo...:banderas:

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
First off, Barao looked amazing, he just handled his biggest challenger (second time as well) with ease. I can't think of any worthy/tough challenger for him at 135. But, I have to say that the stoppage was early. Faber was def. hurt, but Barao was landing short blocked (most of them hitting the glove and arms of Faber) punches and Faber was recovering. The fight should've been allowed to go on longer imo

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
I need a gif of that stoppage. Because during all those replays I did not see a thumbs up from Faber.
uri1.gif

RTY.gif

Early stoppage my ass :camby: Uriah got the shyt beat out of him. Herb protecting him from Brain Damage.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
That wasn't the right moment to stop the fight but the moment was imminent, Faber was on skates every time Barao hit him and wasn't showing much in the way of stopping him from doing so.

If Aldo gets to 155 with his gifts I really think he's gonna give Pettis that work. Those leg kicks are horrifying, felt bad for Lamas because that fight showed that just being tough won't cut it anymore especially not at those smaller weight classes

Glad Mir made it to the bell without getting flatlined but he looked old out there and really needs to start thinking about joining the broadcast team or something, he'd have to cut off a major limb to get to 205 and he just can't deal with top 10 HW cats anymore.

-P-

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Aldo vs Pettis basically official. They need a timetable from Pettis's doctor on when he can fight. Dana wants Aldo to drop the belt before he moves up.(which is bullshyt. Penn didn't drop his title when he fought GSP) Barao says hes doesn't want to go to 145, so Faber is fukked. Dana shytted on Overoid for calling out brock. I think Helwani asked him about fighting JDS and he literally went
v1B0I3E.gif
"uhh uhhh me and my team will get back to you after our holiday." I know Dana can't wait till JDS crushes his face and he can fire him. He has been a colossal bust.

Last edited:

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Glad Mir made it to the bell without getting flatlined but he looked old out there and really needs to start thinking about joining the broadcast team or something, he'd have to cut off a major limb to get to 205 and he just can't deal with top 10 HW cats anymore.

-P-
Mir needs an easy fight. A Vera rematch would make sense, and I'm sure it's a fight that Mir's wanted for a while now. I say give him that fight, then keep him around to figh mid-tier guys like Gonzaga/Struve/Schaub/Rothwell etc.

His last 4 fights have all been up against top 5-7 guys; he's clearly outmatched vs. that top upper echelon of HW's.I think UFC should start cutting him some slack.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Mir needs an easy fight. A Vera rematch would make sense, and I'm sure it's a fight that Mir's wanted for a while now. I say give him that fight, then keep him around to figh mid-tier guys like Gonzaga/Struve/Schaub/Rothwell etc.

His last 4 fights have all been up against top 5-7 guys; he's clearly outmatched vs. that top upper echelon of HW's.I think UFC should start cutting him some slack.

Mir makes too much money to be fighting cans. He needs to just hang them up. Plus, at this stage in his career I'm not to sure he can beat even beat some of those guys listed

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aldo vs Pettis basically official. They need a timetable from Pettis's doctor on when he can fight. Dana wants Aldo to drop the belt before he moves up.(which is bullshyt. Penn didn't drop his title when he fought GSP) Barao says hes doesn't want to go to 145, so Faber is fukked. Dana shytted on Overoid for calling out brock. I think Helwani asked him about fighting JDS and he literally went
v1B0I3E.gif
"uhh uhhh me and my team will get back to you after our holiday." I know Dana can't wait till JDS crushes his face and he can fire him. He has been a colossal bust.
I thought Barao said he wanted to move up when Aldo did? I heard that awhile ago so you never know.