Official VENOM Movie Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
So I just saw it. It wasn’t bad, but it also wasn’t good. Like Grace Randolph said, it has a 90’s Darkman vibe. And like Harloff said on Collider, it feels like a movie from the 90’s when comic book movies weren’t taken seriously. I feel that it definitely should have been rated R. It’s definitely missing the whole motivation to be Venom without that shared hatred of Peter Parker/Spider-Man. It’s a big budget B movie. It’s bad pizza. Not good but still edible. It’s bad sex with some random chick, but at least you busted a nut and felt some boobs? Will you be entertained? Yes. But with Avi Arad, and Amy Pascal, you’re going to get some basic shyt. They’re only going to put enough in it to make that simple ass dude at the ticket counter go, “Yo! That Venom was dope yo! We are Venom!”
This whole review had me :heh: for some reason

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Venom looks like one of them bootleg flicks they used go slip in between the real titles you'd almost wind up copping at Blockbuster as a kid

51h2TSJpEJL._AC_SY400_.jpg

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It's a movie about Venom, and people expect it to be Scorsese. Hell, the animated series did the symbiote without Secret Wars, yet people are complaining about Peter Parker which has little bearing on the overall Venom story.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It plays it extremely safe. No blood. No gore. Very routine plot structure. It does very little to push the boundaries. It would of been an enjoyable movie 8 years ago. It doesn't wow anyone that is deep in comic book films. It's just that comic book movies are way better now. This is like Iron Man 2, Age of Ultron, Thor 2 quality stuff...[/QUOTE]

All gotten better reviews. So, like the other dude say.. people have to see it without any influence of other people's opinion of the movie.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
i gotta see it for myself because some people just hating on it based on theyre on emotional perception. Its hard to get a open minded unbiased review on movies like these smh. I just wanna know is it worth smoking a spliff and copping a RPX on a friday night? Am i gon enjoy this shyt on a purely entertainment level?

I originally planned on boycotting this due to the lack of Spider-Man tie in and venom being anything other than a ruthless villain but I have in and saw it.
It was good not great, nothing special, typical marvel comedy I think they had Tom hardy trying to be witty and funny when he would have done better being a little darker. But I get why they did it. I saw it in 4dx and enjoyed it. The ending was underwhelming and the villain was light
Is this better or worse then new Jurassic World ?

Better by far, Jurassic world was trash
Venom would fukk them dinosaurs up

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think we can keep it self contained at worst to the opinions of us here on the coli..... let’s not put too much stock into what “LadiesMan217” from Wyoming is saying brehs:russ:

Keep on seeing all these “why people saying this movie trash?” Or “why people expecting this to be a MCU level movie” when no one in here is really saying any of that:mjlol:

Let’s not feed into the few that’s gonna start that some weird shyt:pachaha:

So far the coli consensus is this is “decent” and hey, there is nothing wrong with that

Martha

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
It review better because it was different standards before phase 3