Daps
kArpFuC.gif

Sad part was it was in the teaser too:heh:

Pammy91

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Never you mind....
It wasn’t god awful? :ld: There were some enjoyable scenes but overall too many corny moments and the effects were GARBAGE. Tom Hardy is the best part. The love interest was phoning it in. She definitely only did this for money. I’m just gonna say it Spider-Man was needed. It just felt pointless without him :manny:

First end credits scene was so forced :snoop:
That being said I wouldn’t put this on a worst of 2018 list for what it’s worth.

Edit: forgot to mention the pacing was pretty bad as well

Last edited:

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
This movie was so fukking goofy. Not necessarily bad just a decent distraction for 2 hours that leaves no lasting imprint once you walk out of the theater.

The villain(s) in this one were completely underwhelming in every way though.

This, sitting here waiting for the after credit scene. It was enjoyable but a lot of cac humor which like he said is goofy.

Weak villain too...

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i gotta see it for myself because some people just hating on it based on theyre on emotional perception. Its hard to get a open minded unbiased review on movies like these smh. I just wanna know is it worth smoking a spliff and copping a RPX on a friday night? Am i gon enjoy this shyt on a purely entertainment level?

taker597

Superstar
Daps
It's like if you put the Marvel formula and Rami tropes in a blender. This is the film you get... Sooo bland and boring with so little redeeming value..

taker597

Superstar
Daps
i gotta see it for myself because some people just hating on it based on theyre on emotional perception. Its hard to get a open minded unbiased review on movies like these smh. I just wanna know is it worth smoking a spliff and copping a RPX on a friday night? Am i gon enjoy this shyt on a purely entertainment level?
It plays it extremely safe. No blood. No gore. Very routine plot structure. It does very little to push the boundaries. It would of been an enjoyable movie 8 years ago. It doesn't wow anyone that is deep in comic book films. It's just that comic book movies are way better now. This is like Iron Man 2, Age of Ultron, Thor 2 quality stuff...

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
So I just saw it. It wasn’t bad, but it also wasn’t good. Like Grace Randolph said, it has a 90’s Darkman vibe. And like Harloff said on Collider, it feels like a movie from the 90’s when comic book movies weren’t taken seriously. I feel that it definitely should have been rated R. It’s definitely missing the whole motivation to be Venom without that shared hatred of Peter Parker/Spider-Man. It’s a big budget B movie. It’s bad pizza. Not good but still edible. It’s bad sex with some random chick, but at least you busted a nut and felt some boobs? Will you be entertained? Yes. But with Avi Arad, and Amy Pascal, you’re going to get some basic shyt. They’re only going to put enough in it to make that simple ass dude at the ticket counter go, “Yo! That Venom was dope yo! We are Venom!”

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The movie isn't that bad. It's entertaining. I liked it. It seems that people just expect more, or want it to be part of something larger, when it's a movie about Venom. Even without the Parker connection, his fall from grace is still the same. And instead of hating Parker.......and it did a good job of making the connection to the symbiote with Parker. The plot is simple..just the average stop the megalomaniac.

I will say this, the effects are trash. This could've used more special effects. My problem with these films, is that instead of trying to display the powerset so much comic book fans want to see the panels brought to life. At least I do. I don't want to see shaky cam, with blurred CGI. I want to be able to see them move.

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta

Plenty of unbiased reviews on the sans page you posted this from non entitled cacs