Official VENOM Movie Thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
There is a motorcycle chase in this movie that even if we didn't have one of the GOAT motorcycle chases this year with MI: Fallout, would still not be up to par to even 2009 action standards. Hell, in a couple of parts you can clearly see Tom Hardy's stunt double on the bike. :mjlol:
kArpFuC.gif

Sad part was it was in the teaser too:heh:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Movie was ehhhh. If it had nothing to do with marvel and venom and was an original concept I’d give it a pass but sycks fhey wasted Hardy and the Cameo at the end on this.

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
I think this will do around $500-$615M range..... and thats pretty good. Pretty good for me pretty good for you.

But the question is, will it be pretty good for THEM?

giphy.gif

I just have a feeling their measurement of success may be vastly different from us on the coli

Martha
Not every studio has MCU standards 500-650 is damn good imo

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Not every studio has MCU standards 500-650 is damn good imo

I dont even think that is MCU standards..... but I agree.... thats good.:obama:

I'm not and wasnt part of the group of cats that was running around here claiming that $850M+ was a flop:sas2:

Martha

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
About to go and see this but here's some of my favorite snippits from RT

“The movie is so ridiculous that many viewers will at least be entertained in a dumbfounded way.”

“A film that feels like what you’d expect from a below average superhero flick circa 2004, like Ghost Rider or Fantastic Four.”

“It’s a train wreck of a movie, mixing and matching wildly dissonant tones, bizarre plot contrivances, and a truly unique lead performance.”

“If you replaced Tom Hardy for Steve Martin in “All of Me,” and switched out Lily Tomlin for a wad of chewed-up black licorice, you’d have “Venom.”“

“The cast seems to all know they’re in a darker superhero movie, except Tom Hardy who is basically remaking Jim Carrey’s Liar Liar.”

“This is a movie that somehow slipped through a wormhole from 2004. That’s my biggest take. It’s a movie that spilled from the pre-MCU era through a crack in time and space… The humor, the story beats, everything right down to the Eminem theme song feels like it emerged Kimmy Schmidt style from a sealed off early ‘00s bunker.”

“Tom Hardy seems to be trying to be the first actor to win an Oscar and a Razzie for the same performance.”

“Think Affleck Daredevil. Think Ang Lee Hulk. Think Halle Berry Catwoman. That’s… I mean, that’s really all there is to be said, I think.”

“Sorry to say that Venom is pretty much a complete failure — a tonal mess that feels 15 years old, ignoring the storytelling strides that the superhero genre has made in recent years.”

“When a major fight scene resembles a pair of black pants caught in a white wash, it’s fair to say you haven’t taken the audience with you.”

“Not sure I had the intended reactions to some scenes, but fun is fun — even when it’s totally ridiculous, right? It’s too bad they didn’t go for the R rating, though.”

:heh:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'll peep it. :manny: I want to be entertained and that's all I want, to be entertained.

It'll do like Suicide Squad did.... it'll defy critics and make a killing anyway
I've still yet to rewatch this movie from a proper view. I was in the very first row in the theatre, it was like watching a tennis match during the action scenes. :pachaha: